I hate itunes -.- stupid stupid stupid stupid stressful program

Drunken Monkey

Author Level
Right, let's get started shall we, when i sync anything from itunes to my iphone from my beautiful :rockon: PCS pc :rockon:, it decides either 1) not to sync at all if its an app, or 2) syncs it but wont let me play the file on my phone?

But if i do it off my bro's laptop it works fine?

what gives?

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
iTunes for Windows is the worst bit of software if come across in years, i no longer use it, i jailbroke it simply because i could sync it properly without my poor laptop (that isnt even that old or that crappy) crashing or freezing completly

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
Hmm well I have a MacBook pro so am always gonna love iTunes, however I don't have an iPod only an iPhone so not sure the restriction difference. I know nanos allow more than one library to sync, iPhones only allow one, Mayb this is your problem?

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
I just generally dislike iTunes for Windows, i used it on a friends Mac and it was fine but it crashes on my laptop (Windows 7) every 5 minutes, especially when im looking through the store, its not like i have ancient software, ive got a dual core @2.1GHz and 3GB RAM

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
iTunes is very resource hungry, its a pc hog, runs fine with macs but on pcs they dont like the amount of resources itunes uses, hence why it seems a bit more unstable on windows.

To be honest ive never used it on windows (not properly anyway) so not sure how bad it really is.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
it may be better on a much higher spec PC than my laptop but its a common program and should be able to run smoothly on anything

i dont get why its so resource hungry, there is nothing it does that requires tonnes of power

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
it may be better on a much higher spec PC than my laptop but its a common program and should be able to run smoothly on anything

i dont get why its so resource hungry, there is nothing it does that requires tonnes of power

Well I would presume you dont actually know how programs run in the backend. On a mac it constantly indexes all files on the system and itunes takes advantage of this. I believe the architecture windows employs doesnt natuarally fit that of itunes and therefore it needs to do alot of conversion to work properly on windows.

kn14

anyone use any alternatives to iTunes for Windows that will sync up iPods etc?

I'm not a fan of iTunes either but lack a decent alternative.

JakAttack

Resident Metalhead
Staff member
iTunes is great, it just has too much to it, personally, people who have issues with syncing and things like that, are fortunately usually doing something wrong. People complaining about issues with their library, are doing something wrong, I've used itunes since the first iPod, I don't use iPod/iPhones any more but still use the software, it seems to me it's much more seamless than the others, except it takes an age to load, and the update procedure is a complete ballache.

WMP sucks, Winamp is owned by AOL (fail), Zune is good but has no Last.FM scrobbling support :(

Drunken Monkey

Author Level
THIS PILE OF ************* screwed my phone up again -.- lol, knew it was gonna happen though :'(

i just thought maybe, maybe this time :(

Last edited:

Drunken Monkey

Author Level
i'm guessing i have a dodgy usb port... (ports >.>)

but basically whenever i try to update through iphones it just ******* up and says it cant be updated and that i have to restore it first -.-

i'm hoping it may be that the update file downloaded is corrupt.... itunes tends to screw me over like that... gonna try find a third party link for it

Last edited:

Corfate

Author Level
I had to restore my iPhone 4 when i updated it to IOS5 for some reason... I hate Apple updates to do with iTunes, always messes my stuff up :(

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
lol well my ipad just died on me while updating, but tht serves me right for tryin to update on 1% battery haha.