Max Payne 3

keynes

Multiverse Poster
I have an estimated 9 hours left at like 700-900kb/s (fluxuating alot due to tea time i suppose).

Ruben on the other hand was downloading it at about 3.9mb/s last time i talked to him.. -mutters obscenities

9 hours? I got like 50% downloaded so far, wait let me pause it so you can catch up..... :turned:

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
I really want to get it, but promised myself I wouldnt get any other big games until I complete AC :)

Corfate

Author Level
Loving it, well worth a buy :) Apart from the multiplayer, i can't see it having too great re-playable value.. Maybe after a few months :)

To say i have mine on 'normal' it's bloody hard! Think im nearly at the end, the story is wrapping up :)

Keenhail

Gold Level Poster
The multiplayer really sells it for me, The singleplayer is good and rockstar have a reputation of making a fantastic story but when all that is done and you wanna have a fun time playing MP then Max Payne 3 is the way forward

I always play with Free Aim, it takes all aim assist off. Had some kid screaming at me down the mic the first night I was playing because i was apparently using aimbot in free aim. Think my words to him were along the lines of... "Really kid, you are gonna call hacker in a game which rely's on quick reflexes & skill to get a kill and where people like me who can afford a razer abyssus will always be able to react quicker"

He came back with "Oh, I guess I didn't take that into account" and shut up xD

It takes a ton for me to enjoy a shooter these days and to say that I enjoy Max Payne 3's multiplayer is quite a statement

keynes

Multiverse Poster
I just don't enjoy the constant cut scenes within the game, I haven't tried the multiplayer yet but I am enjoying the game.

stegor

Bright Spark
I dont mind the cut scenes really, but second time around it will be very annoying.

I thought you could skip the cutscenes once the next part had loaded? So if you were to run it on your SSD you shouldn't have to watch very much. Not got the game yet but it's on my want list.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
I thought you could skip the cutscenes once the next part had loaded? So if you were to run it on your SSD you shouldn't have to watch very much. Not got the game yet but it's on my want list.

lol thats a good point actually, :)

BUT

I'm not putting a 29gig game on my ssd hahaha

stegor

Bright Spark
lol thats a good point actually, :)

BUT

I'm not putting a 29gig game on my ssd hahaha

Good point.
My plan was to install the game I'm currently playing most on my SSD and then delete it when I'm done. Unfortunately most of my games are now on steam so I didn't really think it through lol.

Corfate

Author Level
You can skip them after the next part has loaded, but that seems to take a while. I'd rather watch the cut scene so i know why im about to execute someone etc :p

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Good point.
My plan was to install the game I'm currently playing most on my SSD and then delete it when I'm done. Unfortunately most of my games are now on steam so I didn't really think it through lol.

I've got bf3 on my ssd, only as I hoped it would make me better at it hahahha - it doesnt work :(

baron75mk2

Banned
Got my copy from game yesterday for £37.99 , cant comment on the mutiplayer as i haven't tried it yet , but as far as single player goes im very pleased with it , the graphics are very good , game play seems to be quite similar to the old ones
(they haven't put a load of kill-streaks in it so the game effectively plays its self - sorry cant help having a stab at the later cods)

i`m also very pleased with the out of the box performance , let me tell you its been an age since i have bought a PC game & been able to install it & play it right off the bat with no messing around what so ever but this one will max out completely on a single GTX580 , the only thing that can give stutter sometimes is MSAA , but that's all & its not an issue for me as i find its not a really jagged game & the FXAA is more than adequate (i can put up to 4xAA but anymore just makes it stutter) , but i really don't use Anti-aliasing if its not needed myself & this game is fairly smooth even on a huge TV.

Rock-star social club is very light as well & does not interfere with game performance at all , plus as long as you sign in to your rockstar gamer-tag you can install as many times as you like as well ( & that`s the way it should be , ill never buy games that have limited installs or tie you to only one rig )

So yes very pleased with this title (been a while since i have been pleased with any PC title to be honest ) :)

(also when i say it will max out on a single GTX 580 , its also fine on two cards as well , just had to try it on one GTX580 for my friend as he only has one at the moment - but i can confirm there are no issues with SLI) :)

Almost forgot only one issue with this game FRAPS wont work with it but who cares ?

Last edited:

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Got my copy from game yesterday for £37.99 , cant comment on the mutiplayer as i haven't tried it yet , but as far as single player goes im very pleased with it , the graphics are very good , game play seems to be quite similar to the old ones
(they haven't put a load of kill-streaks in it so the game effectively plays its self - sorry cant help having a stab at the later cods)

i`m also very pleased with the out of the box performance , let me tell you its been an age since i have bought a PC game & been able to install it & play it right off the bat with no messing around what so ever but this one will max out completely on a single GTX580 , the only thing that can give stutter sometimes is MSAA , but that's all & its not an issue for me as i find its not a really jagged game & the FXAA is more than adequate (i can put up to 4xAA but anymore just makes it stutter) , but i really don't use Anti-aliasing if its not needed myself & this game is fairly smooth even on a huge TV.

Rock-star social club is very light as well & does not interfere with game performance at all , plus as long as you sign in to your rockstar gamer-tag you can install as many times as you like as well ( & that`s the way it should be , ill never buy games that have limited installs or tie you to only one rig )

So yes very pleased with this title (been a while since i have been pleased with any PC title to be honest ) :)

By any chance do you get any problems with shadows? I can only get it in 3d mode but on 2d surround works very well. Tom got a similar set up and playing in 1 screen he gets the problem with shadows.

Corfate

Author Level

(also when i say it will max out on a single GTX 580 , its also fine on two cards as well , just had to try it on one GTX580 for my friend as he only has one at the moment - but i can confirm there are no issues with SLI) :)

£37.99? You got ripped off :p

baron75mk2

Banned
£37.99? You got ripped off :p

Very constructive , i walked in to a shop & bought it , i don't feel ripped off its a very good game & worth the money , sure i could have spent an age downloading it from steam to save £8 or so , but i`m not that tight m8 , i don't mind playing good money for a good game.

Last edited:

baron75mk2

Banned
By any chance do you get any problems with shadows? I can only get it in 3d mode but on 2d surround works very well. Tom got a similar set up and playing in 1 screen he gets the problem with shadows.

No i cant say i get any issues at all with this game , everything's fine on my single screen set up , cant really say for multiple monitor setups , maybe they will patch it for that issue hopefully ?

Corfate

Author Level
Very constructive , i walked in to a shop & bought it , i don't feel ripped off its a very good game & worth the money , sure i could have spent an age downloading it from steam to save £7 or so , but i`m not that tight m8 , i don't mind playing good money for a good game.

Yeah, i agree it's a good game, but where i can save money, i will do. You don't have to download it, Amazon's selling at £28 :)

Was just saying :)

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Yeah, i agree it's a good game, but where i can save money, i will do. You don't have to download it, Amazon's selling at £28 :)

Was just saying :)

Corfie, it depends on how much you value the item. I mean if my internet is slow and I wish to play the game today I am willing to pay a premium for it just to get it straight away, others are more patient. Similar with the fast track service, looking in retrospective I'd have paid the additional charge just to get the rig as soon as possible and avoid pressing F5 constantly for days.