Max Payne 3

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
and £26 on Play

anyway, should hopefully buy this soon as it looks great, although, i have too many games to complete as it is

baron75mk2

Banned
Yeah, i agree it's a good game, but where i can save money, i will do. You don't have to download it, Amazon's selling at £28 :)

Was just saying :)

That is a good price from amazon , but for me the extra cash buying in store , just saves me the hassle of having to use credit/debit cards to buy stuff online , i really don't like doing it unless i have to , going to have to start buying PC games online soon though as game & PC world are the only places that sell them where i live.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
zavvi all the way baron, cost me 24 quid september last year :)

anyway, I just seem to get the odd green screen tear type of thing, not really sure what it is to be honest. I aint changed the graphics settings in the games, but it doesn't push my 580's overly hard and it still looks ace.

baron75mk2

Banned
i have had a bad issue with it today unfortunately - i got to chapter 4 & decided to have some dinner & when i got back to it it would not load my progress & all my stats were put back to nothing.

there is a well known issue like this with gears of war for pc , but with gears if you are online it only saves to the server - but with MP3 the save files are on the PC as well , so im at a loss , read a few posts where Xbox 360o owners were getting the same issue after changing disks - just hope they bring an update out to solve a small issue that could be a game breaker in an otherwise great game.

Tom , have you tried both forcing v-sync in Nvidia control panel & also applying it in game ? - only ask that apparently on some systems it can be a bit of an issue to get V-sync to work properly in DX11 in this game - & as i`m sure you will already know your self , no V-sync = split-up or screen tear.

Give it a try , its what i did as soon as i installed & apart from this save issue today i have had no issues on GTX580s at all , i don't know what affect forcing adaptive V-sync or FXAA in Nvidia might have on this game , could one of these be the cause of the green glitches possibly ?

I'm going to play some more & hope that my saves don't get lost again ( or the game decides not to load them) fingers crossed :)

Update ; Tom just took a closer look at the game & i did see from time to time in the HD videos , 3 green lines that sometimes would flash very quickly & then would disappear , along with other effects that seem to be new things - is it possible that this is supposed to be in the game ? like sometimes the screen has a pink haze to it in cut scenes along with other colors like gold , green & even sometimes red - it seems to be a part of the game m8 - i don't think you need to worry , it seems like its supposed to be there.

But i don't have any Split-up (Screen tear) at all , i`m in max settings 1080p, DX11 - only thing i`m not using is MSAA , but i have tried it & it doesn't make it split - up at all , i just don't think it needs it , for me the FXAA is just fine. :)

update 2 ;

Have in fact seen a small green line that flashes momentarily in the top of screen sometimes when in bullet time etc when shooting - this definitely doesn't look like it should be there , have seen this before but only in a GameCube emulator , its not really that bad , but its definitely there.

Last edited:

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
i have had a bad issue with it today unfortunately - i got to chapter 4 & decided to have some dinner & when i got back to it it would not load my progress & all my stats were put back to nothing.

there is a well known issue like this with gears of war for pc , but with gears if you are online it only saves to the server - but with MP3 the save files are on the PC as well , so im at a loss , read a few posts where Xbox 360o owners were getting the same issue after changing disks - just hope they bring an update out to solve a small issue that could be a game breaker in an otherwise great game.

This is why i usually buy at least a few weeks after release now, as games usually have tonnes of problems on release that are usually patched within a few days

Corfate

Author Level
I haven't had any problems with it if im honest :) Had 1 crash, but thats it :) Completed it tonight, excellent story :) Onto the multi!

Keenhail

Gold Level Poster
Anyone who plays Max Payne 3, I would be very appreciative if you can add me on Social Club as I literally have one person who plays Max Payne 3 and it would be sweet to get some more people to play with

My social club ID is Xarantaur

Corfate

Author Level
Anyone who plays Max Payne 3, I would be very appreciative if you can add me on Social Club as I literally have one person who plays Max Payne 3 and it would be sweet to get some more people to play with

My social club ID is Xarantaur

WIll when im on tomorrow :)

baron75mk2

Banned
This is why i usually buy at least a few weeks after release now, as games usually have tonnes of problems on release that are usually patched within a few days

A wise policy indeed , but unfortunately i have to grab them as soon as they come out as game only ever seem to get one batch of a particular PC game when it comes out & never re-stock the PC titles , im going to have to look in to buying my pc games online - maybe give zavvi a try.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
A wise policy indeed , but unfortunately i have to grab them as soon as they come out as game only ever seem to get one batch of a particular PC game when it comes out & never re-stock the PC titles , im going to have to look in to buying my pc games online - maybe give zavvi a try.

zavvi, amazon, play etc always have plenty of stock, i personally buy from amazon most of the time but there are many other good ones, check out Asda, Tesco etc they often do some good deals, although like everywhere their PC section sucks a bit

baron75mk2

Banned
zavvi, amazon, play etc always have plenty of stock, i personally buy from amazon most of the time but there are many other good ones, check out Asda, Tesco etc they often do some good deals, although like everywhere their PC section sucks a bit

Was thinking of looking in to amazon as my m8 buys various things from them & he says they are very good .

Thank you for the suggestions guys :)

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Try also Gamesrocket and GameStop, they do online downloading and sometimes they do occassionally have offers on pc games.

Keenhail

Gold Level Poster
I find that Tesco & Asda do games cheap because they expect you to buy other stuff while in their store. I dont think they do the prices online so cheap (not sure about it though). I read something recently with GAME going into admin that the supermarket giants are actually losing money when people just buy a game from them rather than do their daily/weekly shop at the same time