Gaming Centers Would you use one?

Would you pay to use a Gaming Center local to you?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gorman

Author Level
We do have one in hudds, attached to laser tag jobbie. The LAN area does look a bit poor though and never been tempted. A proper gaming centre would be different.

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
There used to be one in birmingham above cex, but they ran out fo money i think, was pretty good in there apparently. All the machines would max out cod anyway, which was all my mates cared about lol.

They also had xbox and ps3 sections I belive. I say unfrotunately not there anymore, however i have my pc so not too worried about gaming centres anymore lol.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Never been in one in England. I did however go into one in Copenhagen. Granted I was only using a terminal to get on the net and book a hotel, by my God that was a snazzy place!

Groups of 4 stations around a central pillar/hub. "Gaming chairs" (you know the ones). And lots and lots of LED lighting! :D

Not sure if I would go to a "local one" if there was one...would def need to find someone to go with...otherwise it's just a bit sad :D

onlynik

Enthusiast
No, why would I. I can play the games I want at home in my own comfort. If I want to play with friends we just do it online. There has been occations where I've travelled for a lan gaming weekend (that does make me sound quite sad though)

steveuk87

Super Star
yeah very true, we are thinking of opening one up, to have xbox's and ps3, pc's and retro gaming (amiga, spectrums SNES etc etc) charge quite cheap, sell food and hold competitions and tournaments, both LAN and online (occasinally)

Steve

steveuk87

Super Star
another reason would be that we have games maybe ppl others havnt got or would like to try with their mates before buying..

Steve

onlynik

Enthusiast
yeah very true, we are thinking of opening one up, to have xbox's and ps3, pc's and retro gaming (amiga, spectrums SNES etc etc) charge quite cheap, sell food and hold competitions and tournaments, both LAN and online (occasinally)

Steve

There used to a LAN gaming place in Aberdeen, on Market Street, I forget the name, but it always looked empty, and they had PS3's, Xbox's and PCs, plus did food and coffee. Only seme to be open for about 18 months.

steveuk87

Super Star
I travelled to another country.......

thats awsome!

but no seriously guys thanks for your comments...

What would make you go to a gaming center then if you have already said no? Or what would you like to see in a gaming center (keep it clean!)

Steve

onlynik

Enthusiast
thats awsome!

but no seriously guys thanks for your comments...

What would make you go to a gaming center then if you have already said no? Or what would you like to see in a gaming center (keep it clean!)

Steve

In all honesty, nothing really. I guess the one in Aberdeen failed becasue it is quite an afluent area, those that can game, do so at their own house or online. If we have gaming weekends, we would go to someones house, most of my firends have large enough areas to play games with lots of people in their own homes, so there is no real incentive to go elsewhere, we can bring our own food and beer to the house. As for the latest games, well we just buy the latest games and play them.

I can't really see me making plans with freinds to go to a gaming centre.

However if there was something for kids to play, you may be on to something, maybe some Wii games try to encoruage the adults to bring their kinds in, let the kids play games and feed the adults. MAybe not the angle you are going for, but it was just a though.

Hope your venture goes well.

steveuk87

Super Star
cheers nik, this has crossed our minds and yeah we are already looking at kids area's obv not as a main source of custom but more a side customer

Steve

Gibbs

Gold Level Poster
They always look too seedy and dark. If it were a bit more high tech looking and a bit more welcoming then maybe I'd consider going to one.

Xoil

Ive got a gaming center called Scorpio near me, quite good but i wouldnt pay to go there. On the LAN Gaming side, if you want a good one go to Multiplays insomnia, can play competitive or just cruise around with your rig.

steveuk87

Super Star
Ive got a gaming center called Scorpio near me, quite good but i wouldnt pay to go there. On the LAN Gaming side, if you want a good one go to Multiplays insomnia, can play competitive or just cruise around with your rig.

its not just PC its other consoles aswell, also retro gaming :)

Steve

Gibbs

Gold Level Poster
I also think an organised event is better than a drop in centre. If I knew there was a LAN party tournament coming up for say F1 2010 or CoD, I'd be more inclined to go along than just a come in and play whenever you want kind of idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.