Benchmark Results Leaderboard

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Thanks for posting. I find it interesting that the Timespy score for your 7950x is the same as mine for a 7800x3D...either TS can't fully utilise a CPU or it points to the strength of the 7800x3D. Will gave to try Firestrike to see (have been meaning to do it but haven't got round to it)

Your CPU score is unlikely to be the same? The overall score tends to be more GPU driven than CPU driven :)

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Without overclocking it's not too bad. I think higher results tend to be in the 53k mark. This is likely PBO/EXPO driven though.

The CPU has an impact on how well the GPU can run. You will get different GPU scores with different CPUs. The 7800X3D is one of the best for support.

Gus

Bronze Level Poster
Other than forcing Quality image in the drivers, that is with stock settings after I reinstalled the drivers without Geforce Experience and both results should be my new pc for a 7950/4090 vs my old 5950/3090.
edit correction I posted the old pc's fire strike
https://www.3dmark.com/fs/30101041 54 598 is my newest

Which has been a problem since I got it, I have one golden rule I broke, never buy first gen, give it 6 months to mature/hardware/bios revisions. So this time I didn't get anything under 6 months old like the old pc. It had a few issues with it which caused regular reboots which I could not rule out to any one bit of hardware,

I could have gone for the X3D variant of amd but it was just too new for revisions to have been made for me to be happy.

Last edited:

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Other than forcing Quality image in the drivers, that is with stock settings after I reinstalled the drivers without Geforce Experience and both results should be my new pc for a 7950/5950 vs my old 5950/3090.
edit correction I posted the old pc's fire strike
https://www.3dmark.com/fs/30101041 54 598 is my newest

Which has been a problem since I got it, I have one golden rule I broke, never buy first gen, give it 6 months to mature/hardware/bios revisions. So this time I didn't get anything under 6 months old like the old pc. It had a few issues with it which caused regular reboots which I could not rule out to any one bit of hardware,

I could have gone for the X3D variant of amd but it was just too new for revisions to have been made for me to be happy.

You've customised some of the NVidia settings. This is actually hampering your GPU performance. Your system has a higher score in it :)

Gus

Bronze Level Poster
@Scott well you don't buy a 4090 and set it to minimum, I want all bells and whistles firing at all times. If I had a 4060 then yeah low or mid, but its a 4090

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
@Scott well you don't buy a 4090 and set it to minimum, I want all bells and whistles firing at all times. If I had a 4060 then yeah low or mid, but its a 4090

Not sure what you mean. What I'm saying is, with your Firestrike score, the GPU score is low due to customising the Nvidia settings outwith the spec that 3DMark recognises. If you want the best out of the GPU you should default the Nvidia settings and then turn on Prefer Maximum performance. Then if you re-run Firestrike the scores will go up.