The 13th Working Day

Freeley

My order seemed to fly through, was busy with work so only checked the progress 2 or 3 times - was delivered to my lock up and had to be reminded by my storage provider to pick it up.
The order was easily fulfilled within their time frame.

jastow

Bronze Level Poster
I have just jumped on the band wagon, puta order in last monday it is still in its 6th day of pre production stage, I think they are waiting on my intel xeon chip. I was hoping to get it this weekend, but judging from what I have read in this thread it will most likely be sometime next week...sigh :(

MeveM

Bright Spark
Don't count on it mate, I'll be lucky if I get it this weekend and my PC was actually built last Tuesday morning and I'm still waiting for it to even go into testing. Haven't got a clue whats going on, they must have people off on holiday or something, gonna ring when I get home from work, if nothing but to ease my own mind, hopefully they'll tell me how long of a wait it's gonna be, REALLY wanted it before the bank holiday weekend, suppose my PC would need to be dispatched on Wednesday for it to arrive on friday for me. I don't live that far away though, maybe 2.5 hours drive, something like that, would've gone and picked it up myself, but the petrol cost would be massive, and more important, I'd get lost :p

jastow

Bronze Level Poster
well according to their ordering page it does stipulate Approximately 10 to 12 working days for build time also assuming that means despatched included, maybe PCS should update there spec on build time, hopefully mine will be here by next week as I am on holiday from week commencing 5th september, It not really a problem at the moment, but if it is not here time I go away I will be rather annoyed. So fingers crossed :)

Last edited:

Gorman

Author Level
well according to there ordering page it does stipulate Approximately 10 to 12 working days for build time also assuming that means despatched included, maybe PCS should update there spec on build time, hopefully mine will be here by next week as I am on holiday from week commencing 5th september, It not really a problem at the moment, but if it is not here time I go away I will be rather annoyed. So fingers crossed :)

The estimates are live and updated automatically.

Before placing an order it is important to note that your computer will be tailor made to your requirements. Because of this it is very difficult for us to provide every customer an exact delivery date. So that we can be as upfront as possible over how long your order is likely to take to be dispatched, please refer to the table below. The table shows live statistics based on orders that have been dispatched over the past 5 days and details the length of time orders have taken from process date to dispatch date.

MeveM

Bright Spark
well according to their ordering page it does stipulate Approximately 10 to 12 working days for build time also assuming that means despatched included, maybe PCS should update there spec on build time, hopefully mine will be here by next week as I am on holiday from week commencing 5th september, It not really a problem at the moment, but if it is not here time I go away I will be rather annoyed. So fingers crossed :)

I've done a bit of winching here but it's more of a worrying/excited winch :p, PCS have given me a great service so far so I'm happy with that, as for the 10-12 working day timer, right under your order status you can also see "% of Orders Dispatched Within Timescales Indicated" which are updated live for the last 5 working days, so since 69.84% of the desktops in the last 5 days have been finished in the first 14 days, you're likely to get it within that timer unless you've had a problem. Mine has been sitting and waited a long time, but its more then 5 working days now, so my PC is still within those 69.84% of PC's that would be availible within the first 14 days as mine has not had any problem yet.

If you're wondering about your PC's progress, just give them a ring on option 2, I've been helped twice so far from ringing them, both times very nice blokes who's given me the information I wanted.

MeveM

Bright Spark
Starting to not get very impressed with whomever does the testing.
According to the chart on the order status page the average time on the PC's is currently 12.26 days, so the math isn't making up. Nothing is wrong with my PC, was told at 4 PM yesterday that it'd go into testing first thing tomorrow morning (today), still not changed to testing status. By the time my PC is dispatched I will be well last those 12 days even when -nothing- has gone wrong with my PC, no missing parts, nothing. Starting to get the impression other peoples PC's are being picked for testing before mine by jumping queue. Those 12.26 days are not including fast tracked PC's, and I highly doubt there's been a massive influx of fast tracked PC's coming in the past week.

PCS have given me some great support, on the forum in form of Gorman etc, and the phone staff have been very polite and informative, yet it's now starting to become a bit of a let down by the testing staff. Once I recieve the PC, and I'll write a review, I'll have to rate PCS on different departments and not as a whole, since as I said, my experience with PCS as a whole is good, but testing so far has been a let down. It's now 11:45 and morning is gone. Yesterday I was on hold by Matthew (I think) for about 5 minutes as he went downstairs to check on my PC's status, at which point he said it'd go into testing this morning which gave me hope for getting the PC before bank holiday, now that possibility seems like a distant dream.

I just don't get the math. I ordered the PC on the 10th, it's now 23rd, and I'll -earliest- get it on the 26th, it doesn't make sence since there has not been any problems with the PC, was built and ready on the 16th.

Last edited:

MeveM

Bright Spark
NMEBowen had his PC built and tested on the same day which was the 11th, and QC on the 12th. What on earth happened between the 11th and now? For someone to get it built and tested the same day, for 5 days later have to wait 1 week on a shelf?

Sorry about this, I don't like writing negative posts, especially not about PCS since they're a great company with awesome staff, but can someone actually see the point of my frustration? I'm a massive worrier and even though having it checked up on, it feels like it's been missed and forgotten on a shelf whilst others jump past.

Last edited:

Rakk

The Awesome
Starting to not get very impressed with whomever does the testing.
According to the chart on the order status page the average time on the PC's is currently 12.26 days,

I just don't get the math. I ordered the PC on the 10th, it's now 23rd, and I'll -earliest- get it on the 26th, it doesn't make sence since there has not been any problems with the PC, was built and ready on the 16th.

Well so far you're on the 9th working day which is still well within the timescale.
If you get it on the 26th that will be 12 working days which is still less than the current average.

There's obviously just a big queue at the moment to get into testing, could be some fast-track stuff, could be testing problems with other machines holding things up, could be anything.

Unwina

Silver Level Poster
Well so far you're on the 9th working day which is still well within the timescale.
If you get it on the 26th that will be 12 working days which is still less than the current average.

There's obviously just a big queue at the moment to get into testing, could be some fast-track stuff, could be testing problems with other machines holding things up, could be anything.

your 1 day ahead of me on the ordering same day on the built, someone said they'd have a word with the Prod Mgr to see if there were issues but said he wouldn't email me the answer just making sure the dept. knows there are PC's been hanging around since 16th. He did seem surprised though that my pc was in limbo. No issues were reported on it though.

I guess its just a wait i notice though that there are 2.4% of pcs that are taking >28 days lets hope its not us then :)

TrustMeItsWorthIt

Gold Level Poster
well i got mine yesterday, yay! after 15 working days, seemed to go through really quick after the testing stage, must be some people ill/anual leave in the testing area. obviously this isnt my review ill do that when ive had a chance to test everything but it seems to be working fine although i have some things to say in my review about Yodel, (they are a joke) but the actual PC seems in working order and is blisteringly fast i have to admit. i can see and empathise with your frustration though Johake, unforetunately it seems that some go through straight away and others have to wait, i suppose there always has to be a PC at the back of the queue, im sure yours is working its way to the front

Last edited:

MeveM

Bright Spark
your 1 day ahead of me on the ordering same day on the built, someone said they'd have a word with the Prod Mgr to see if there were issues but said he wouldn't email me the answer just making sure the dept. knows there are PC's been hanging around since 16th. He did seem surprised though that my pc was in limbo. No issues were reported on it though.

I guess its just a wait i notice though that there are 2.4% of pcs that are taking >28 days lets hope its not us then :)

Would've thought those 2.4% are the ones ordering stuff like 2x GTX 590 or something like that, which PCS might not have in stock and have trouble getting hold of etc.

Unwina

Silver Level Poster
Would've thought those 2.4% are the ones ordering stuff like 2x GTX 590 or something like that, which PCS might not have in stock and have trouble getting hold of etc.

none the less I've got everything that can be crossed well and truly crossed. I knew those yoga lessons would come in handy!

Gorman

Author Level
There are literally hundreds of machines in each queue for each department, dont do this to yourself. Start to worry if the estimated time passes, not a working week before.

MeveM

Bright Spark
I just find it strange on one day someone without fast track can get his PC built and tested the same day, whilst a few days later others sit a full week, seems a bit like the testers are working shifts, one day there's more testers who catch up on backlog, the next PC's go through it the same day, then they stack up, if PC's are being built quicker then they can be tested, it's not really good for the production line.

Anyway, it's all just speculations and you're right Gorman, we're just making ourselves worse with the worrying. I just can't get past the reviews others have writen lately, build and test same day, and then next day it's a backlog as if they magically appeared from nowhere. Would've thought most people would order their PC's at the end/start of the month where most people get paid, hence the confusion of 11.8.11 = No backlog. 16.8.11 = 5+ working days of backlog.

Unwina

Silver Level Poster
I just find it strange on one day someone without fast track can get his PC built and tested the same day, whilst a few days later others sit a full week, seems a bit like the testers are working shifts, one day there's more testers who catch up on backlog, the next PC's go through it the same day, then they stack up, if PC's are being built quicker then they can be tested, it's not really good for the production line.

Anyway, it's all just speculations and you're right Gorman, we're just making ourselves worse with the worrying. I just can't get past the reviews others have writen lately, build and test same day, and then next day it's a backlog as if they magically appeared from nowhere. Would've thought most people would order their PC's at the end/start of the month where most people get paid, hence the confusion of 11.8.11 = No backlog. 16.8.11 = 5+ working days of backlog.

Or to put it another way business is booming for PCS which means they won't go bust, better still I'm sensing the recession is already over whoopee the tories got something right, or did they ?

I'm stuck in this damed crossed legged yoga position I've had to call on assistance to get me out now the panic is over.