Updated iTunes today, as the update popped up, now "Applemobiledeviceservice.exe" thing sends my CPU usage up from around 10-20% to 60-80% with frequent spikes to 100%.
I managed to terminate the mobiledevice thing, which sent my CPU usage back to normal 10-20%, but i then plugged in my iPhone 4 to check iTunes still worked, and it didn't recognise my phone. I then restarted the pc, so mobiledevice thing was running again, sending my CPU back to 60-80%, plugged my phone in, it seemed to hang on backing up for a while, so i ended the sync on my phone and the pc, plugged it back in and it said the backup was corrupt, delete and try again. So i did this (After 30mins of trying to find the backup files i finally got it sorted.
My phone is now backing up, which seems like it's taking FOREVER. Looks like it'll be an all-night job.
Urgh, i like Apple, but sometimes.. URGH.