iTunes nightmare

Corfate

Author Level
Updated iTunes today, as the update popped up, now "Applemobiledeviceservice.exe" thing sends my CPU usage up from around 10-20% to 60-80% with frequent spikes to 100%.

I managed to terminate the mobiledevice thing, which sent my CPU usage back to normal 10-20%, but i then plugged in my iPhone 4 to check iTunes still worked, and it didn't recognise my phone. I then restarted the pc, so mobiledevice thing was running again, sending my CPU back to 60-80%, plugged my phone in, it seemed to hang on backing up for a while, so i ended the sync on my phone and the pc, plugged it back in and it said the backup was corrupt, delete and try again. So i did this (After 30mins of trying to find the backup files i finally got it sorted.

My phone is now backing up, which seems like it's taking FOREVER. Looks like it'll be an all-night job.

Urgh, i like Apple, but sometimes.. URGH.

Corfate

Author Level
Left it to overnight,so from about 11pm-7am it was backing up, still didn't finish, the bar didn't even move at all...

Going to uninstall Applemobiledeviceservice from this pc and use my old pc to do all the syncing with..

Rakk

The Awesome
I can't believe anyone uses iTunes, worst software ever.

If you have an iPhone or iPod you need iTunes to be able to add/remove stuff.
Also if I don't have iTunes on my machine I can't charge my iPod through USB and listen to it at the same time (and given it's now an ancient iPod, it does need charging every day, I probably listen to it for about 4-6 hours during the day at work)

Corfate

Author Level
Had a few problems with iPods and iTunes in the past, so after my contract is up, i'll probably go for an Android, even though i love my iPhone, i just don't particularly like iTunes :/

Android phone + iPod touch.. Sorted :)

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
iTunes for Windows = fail!

tbh when more and more people start getting annoyed with it they will just go with an equivalent, losing sales for Apple

thank god for jailbreak tbh

Corfate

Author Level
Can't be bothered with the hassle of it. It's good when it works, don't get me wrong, but when it goes wrong.. Pfft :(