Optimus II update when?

zathrus

Looking at all the other cases there are update details on the forums, any news on when this line is going to get a refresh?

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Is that a heisenberg estimate? :stuart:

Not too familiar with "heisenberg" - wikipedia suggests the "uncertainty principle" which in that case no as we have stock on the water (literally). :)

beanruz

so im not the only one who noticed that? thought i was going mad read it a few times,

what is the "updated" optimus going to consist of then?

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Beginning of June for the 15.6", end of April for the 17.3". :)

Differences are GT 650M, Ivy Bridge, more USB 3.0.

beanruz

what! according to notebook check thats more powerful than the gtx560.. that cant be right can it? at the same prices as the current optimus II? starting around £570?

csoren

The 650M will have 2GB DDR5 Memory:)

Interesting! Well, that got me out of lurk mode. I was under the impression that Optimus III 15" would be based on the W150ER. Everybody else seems to offer only 1 GB DDR5, but available sooner than June. Is 2GB DDR5 the reason why you can't offer the Optimus III 15" until June? For me that's a very good reason to hold out a little longer.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
2 Corrections

1. The GT 650M comes with 1GB DDR5 RAM, not 2GB.

2. The 15.6" Optimus III will be here at the end of April. It is the 17.3" Optimus III that won't be here until June.

spriag

I'm about to order the optimus II (costing around £710), would it be prudent to wait a few more weeks for the optimus III in the sense that for the 710 I could get a reasonably better laptop?

edit: 15.6" that is

Last edited:

Encolpius

Silver Level Poster
Methinks it's time to start saving me pennies because I have a feeling the Optimus III 15 will be going like the clappers...

beanruz

Methinks it's time to start saving me pennies because I have a feeling the Optimus III 15 will be going like the clappers...

agree, i was about to order a Optimus II, then ive read this, other sites say the DDR5 version of the GT650m lies shomewhere between the GTX560 & the GTX570. and according to the comments above - at a fraction of the price compared to the vortex II

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Well...what we don't want to do is stop everybody from placing an order for the Optimus II in anticipation of the Optimus III because we won't be listing it until the Optimus II has sold out. I was assuming the end of April but looking at current stock levels it might be the middle of June...

Last edited: