~£1600 Gaming PC

ianmer

Ian 001.jpgIan 002.jpgIan 003.jpgIan 004.jpgIan 005.jpg

ellsmi

Narcotics how have you found your 400r? what cooling setup do you use? My room is fairly dusty and I too am thinking of overclocking my 3570k at some point. i was wondering whether to invest in some nice cooling/airfiltering to increase positive air pressure? Especially on those massive gappy vents ontop and the side.

Corfate

Author Level
My 500r is extremely similar to the 400r models. Bigger than the 400r, but both have ample cooling and room.

I was originally running my 3570k at 4.2ghz on an air cooled setup, but decided to buy a H100 and ramp it up to 4.5ghz. Keeps everything nice and cool. The air cooler i had was great, but wanted to go all out so got the H100.

No dust filters on the front, so i had to invest in some DEMIciflex filters to slap on the outside, but they work a treat :)

Narcotics

Rising Star
Narcotics how have you found your 400r? what cooling setup do you use? My room is fairly dusty and I too am thinking of overclocking my 3570k at some point. i was wondering whether to invest in some nice cooling/airfiltering to increase positive air pressure? Especially on those massive gappy vents ontop and the side.

I love the case & I have air cooling with max case fans, though I don't need that many fans as I only have 1 gpu but I like to keep things as cool as possible. I made a side window for my case, you could get 2 140mm magnetic fan grills for the top, as I don't see a lot of dust getting in the side of the case.Just clean the bottom filter and the front one every month or so.

qpc-filter-140sm-500x500.jpg

Last edited:

ellsmi

Thanks Narcotics for the info, what configuration do you have the fans set up in? and does anybody know what defaultfans the 400r comes with from pcs (without fan controller option + extra fans)? reading 3 but not 100%...

I was thinking of going for sli and overclocking slightly in the near future, and like you am a big fan of decent cooling, so wanted to know whether you'd found the best set up of fans and their placement. I also want to take advantage of the mobo fan utility if possible.

@ianmer Awesome rig! +rep for the pics too!

@corfate - how do the DEMIciflex attach? 'slap on' magnetic? :D

Cannot wait for this beaut to arrive! I recieved my 660Ti 3 days ago already and the sight of it is killing me.. Guildwars 2, BF3 armoured kill..

Narcotics

Rising Star
Thanks Narcotics for the info, what configuration do you have the fans set up in? and does anybody know what defaultfans the 400r comes with from pcs (without fan controller option + extra fans)? reading 3 but not 100%...

I was thinking of going for sli and overclocking slightly in the near future, and like you am a big fan of decent cooling, so wanted to know whether you'd found the best set up of fans and their placement. I also want to take advantage of the mobo fan utility if possible.

@ianmer Awesome rig! +rep for the pics too!
@corfate - how do the DEMIciflex attach? 'slap on' magnetic? :D

Cannot wait for this beaut to arrive! I recieved my 660Ti 3 days ago already and the sight of it is killing me.. Guildwars 2, BF3 armoured kill..

Intake 2x 120mm in the front 2x120mm on the drive bay-Exhaust 1x 140mm at the back and 2x 120mm at the top