1.5Tb Caviar Blacks out of stock :(

TrustMeItsWorthIt

Gold Level Poster
Hi,
My orders been in pre-production for nine days and after contacting PCS ive been told that they're waiting for more 1.5Tb HDDs to be delivered.
Im not complaining(although it would of been nice to have been told), just letting anyone else who might be waiting know this may cause a delay in your PC getting to build stage.
I have got to admit though that the wait is killing me, i was hoping to get it for the 26th for Deus Ex, i was confident but now im not so sure...

UndeadJack

Master Poster
Hi,
My orders been in pre-production for nine days and after contacting PCS ive been told that they're waiting for more 1.5Tb HDDs to be delivered.
Im not complaining(although it would of been nice to have been told), just letting anyone else who might be waiting know this may cause a delay in your PC getting to build stage.
I have got to admit though that the wait is killing me, i was hoping to get it for the 26th for Deus Ex, i was confident but now im not so sure...

Good shoutout. I'm going for the 750 but that is helpful for all needing a big HDD

TrustMeItsWorthIt

Gold Level Poster
you know, i was just reading about someone who ordered pretty much the same rig as me but with the 750 HDD, they ordered it on the same day as me and got it yesterday, damn but why does it always have to be me? oh well...

TrustMeItsWorthIt

Gold Level Poster
OMG, after changing my order and having called PCS THREE times since doing that and each time being told that there was no problems with my order, including calling to check this morning, ive now found an attachment to my online order saying theyre out of stock and currently waiting for 750Gb Caviar Blacks! this is becoming less than funny, I'm not a complaining sort, but theyve got all my numbers, my email, everything and ive received no notification except for this tag on my order. Going to have to call them in the morning now, may as well change back to the 1.5Tb, looks like I'll have to wait either way...

TrustMeItsWorthIt

Gold Level Poster
well the only reason i changed was because they couldnt give me a solid date for when the 1.5tb would be delivered and they said there wasnt a problem with the 750gbs so i thought id save the trouble of waiting and just get it done, you know?
if it had been mentioned that they wouldnt have any 750gbs then i wouldnt of bothered obviously, its just that with this and the side fan problem of having to change to the A.L.C even though they'd said on the phone there wouldnt be a problem, im a bit annoyed with the communication here, i know im moaning now so i'll wait to post again until ive spoken to them

tom_gr7

Life Serving
well the only reason i changed was because they couldnt give me a solid date for when the 1.5tb would be delivered and they said there wasnt a problem with the 750gbs so i thought id save the trouble of waiting and just get it done, you know?
if it had been mentioned that they wouldnt have any 750gbs then i wouldnt of bothered obviously, its just that with this and the side fan problem of having to change to the A.L.C even though they'd said on the phone there wouldnt be a problem, im a bit annoyed with the communication here, i know im moaning now so i'll wait to post again until ive spoken to them

I Have not read of your issue with the side. What i noticed when i called about my order, i asked which version of the CM storm sniper case i would be getting, as version customers get is the "Cm storm sniper black edition" But the site states its the normal/older version. So i called up the sales guys and i was told i would be getting the older version. Although i actually got the sniper black edition. So it could be suggested that some a of the sales guys are not that clued up on hardware.

TrustMeItsWorthIt

Gold Level Poster
ok so ive calmed down since the other day :) i spoke to PCS yesterday ( couldnt post, first busy day at work in about six months :( ) apparently they're not out of stock of the 750Gb, it was a mistake to have have made the note on my order saying they were out of stock, they've got loads. my PC has now been built and hopefully will be in testing today. really im hoping to get it by the weekend but i doubt it, so i should have it early next week i think

MeveM

Bright Spark
ok so ive calmed down since the other day :) i spoke to PCS yesterday ( couldnt post, first busy day at work in about six months :( ) apparently they're not out of stock of the 750Gb, it was a mistake to have have made the note on my order saying they were out of stock, they've got loads. my PC has now been built and hopefully will be in testing today. really im hoping to get it by the weekend but i doubt it, so i should have it early next week i think

Heh, Same here mate. I rang as well, and the bloke i spoke to was checking my PC as we spoke, had the 750gb caviar black in it, and it was on the side waiting for testing. I'm hoping to get it before the weekend as well, but you never know, it's more likely to be next week.