1080p 240hz or 1440p 144hz?

HR07

I am getting a new PC and with it I want to upgrade from my current 1080p 60hz monitor to a better 1080p 240hz or 1440p 144hz monitor but I don't know which would be better. I know a decent amount about monitors but I was thinking, more frames or a nicer picture. My new PC will have a 2070 super and if you want to make a suggestion, I game in light conditions so brightness isn't too major and I have a VESA monitor mount so a VESA monitor would be ideal.

HR07

Ok @Nursemorph I'll go for a 1440p 144hz monitor. I was looking at an Acer Nitro VG270UPbmiipx (is it any good or should I look in a different direction). I also will take some time too look through this guide though. Thanks!

HR07

I have looked in the guide but I can't seem to find anything which suits my needs.
My budget is £330 give or take £10 and the max size would be 29" as I don't want an ultrawide but I also don't want a smaller 24" monitor. 27" would be ideal probably and VESA would be nice as well.

HR07

Thanks @Nursemorph that Asus monitor looks really good value for money. I'll probably have to pick between the Acer and Asus ones but i'm glad to have some advice.

lauwai

Bronze Level Poster
I had the same dilemma when I got my new laptop and decided to settle on 1440p for the extra pixels. I've just ordered this Dell for £340 delivered (there are some discount codes floating around).

With the 32in screen size you will have the similar pixel density as a 1080p 27in monitor. Dell also has a 3yr warranty and Paypal 12mth 0% interest payment as well.