1080p , paired with 1660 super and 3600x

BigCaks

Hi any help on choosing a monitor would be greatly appreciated. Not sure if the 1660 super is capable of 144hz at high settings
Games include : gta forza horizon 4 rust and cs go.

Also should I stick with 1660 super or is it worth it to change to a 5600xt or 1660ti

budget or 200ish 250ish ? Don’t really need the best of the best.
Max 27inch

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
The ASUS Tuf you linked are excellent monitors, they pack in a lot for the money.

This is also an excellent IPS option from AOC, well regarded as one of the best 1080p 144hz monitors for gaming:

The 1660 Super replaced the TI, the ti is only a fraction more powerful and only worth it if it’s only say £20 more.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Are my expectations to high in regards to 144hz
You really want to be looking at the 2060 as a minimum for 1080p 144hz nowadays.

The 1660 Super will manage maybe 100fps in most titles but more like 60fps in demanding titles.

If getting a 1080p monitor though, there’s no point getting anything less than 144hz.

But really 1080p is obsolete these days.

BigCaks

Yeah I have the budget to go 1440p it's just I don't have loads of time to do gaming along with my degree so I thought 1080p would be fine for me.

Also for 1440p the only GPU I thought was viable was the 3060ti and I'm kinda put off at the thought of long wait for one.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yeah I have the budget to go 1440p it's just I don't have loads of time to do gaming along with my degree so I thought 1080p would be fine for me.

Also for 1440p the only GPU I thought was viable was the 3060ti and I'm kinda put off at the thought of long wait for one.
It’s up to you, but 1080p is really poor both for gaming and productivity as you can hardly fit anything on the screen. For gaming it’s awful by today’s standards and no modern GPU supports it in that they’re all overpowered.

If you have the budget, I’d strongly recommend biting the bullet and getting a 3060ti. You’ll be waiting either way due to current demand.

BigCaks

It’s up to you, but 1080p is really poor both for gaming and productivity as you can hardly fit anything on the screen. For gaming it’s awful by today’s standards and no modern GPU supports it in that they’re all overpowered.

If you have the budget, I’d strongly recommend biting the bullet and getting a 3060ti. You’ll be waiting either way due to current demand.
Thank you for your help ,ill probably spend the next few days looking a few different specs.