11.6" Inferno

andkoh

Chassis & Display
Inferno Series: 11.6" Glossy HD LED Widescreen (1366x768)
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Mobile Processor i7-3610QM (2.30GHz) 6MB
Memory (RAM)
8GB SAMSUNG 1600MHz SODIMM DDR3 MEMORY (2 x 4GB)
Graphics Card
NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 650M - 2.0GB DDR3 Video RAM - DirectX® 11
Memory - 1st Hard Disk
240GB INTEL® 520 SERIES SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 550MB/sR | 520MB/sW)
Memory Card Reader
Internal 9 in 1 Card Reader (MMC/RSMMC/SD: Mini, XC & HC/MS: Pro & Duo)
Thermal Paste
ARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND (£9)
Sound Card
Intel 2 Channel High Definition Audio + MIC/Headphone Jack
Network Facilities
GIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS INTEL® ULTIMATE-N 6300 (450Mbps)
USB Options
2 x USB 3.0 PORTS + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT AS STANDARD
Battery
Inferno Series 6 Cell Lithium Ion Battery (62.16WH)
Power Lead & Adaptor
1 x UK Power Lead & 90W AC Adaptor
Operating System
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit w/SP1 - inc DVD & Licence
Office Software
NO OFFICE SOFTWARE
Anti-Virus
NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
Keyboard & Mouse
INTEGRATED UK KEYBOARD
Mouse
LOGITECH ANYWHERE WIRELESS MOUSE MX™ (£55)
Webcam
INTEGRATED 1.3 MEGAPIXEL WEBCAM
Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour) (£5)
Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build Time
FAST TRACK 3 WORKING DAY DISPATCH (£59)
Quantity

Pics:

Last edited:

andkoh

Updated w/ pics

Diablo 3 & Skyrim play on it at maxed out settings flawlessly, no challenge at all for it there.. Will try Battlefield 3 and World of Warcraft fairly soon.

Last edited:

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Updated w/ pics

Diablo 3 & Skyrim play on it at maxed out settings flawlessly, no challenge at all for it there.. Will try Battlefield 3 and World of Warcraft fairly soon.

Nice pictures (+rep)
What temperatures do you get in iddle and while gaming?
Would you be able to indicate the fps and settings you are using while gaming on those games?

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Great pics, + rep. We've also added you to the reviews section on our configurator!

andkoh

CPU temperature across all 4 cores is about 60 degrees at idle; while this might seem a bit on the high side, putting on a very heavy load (e.g. spawning 200 mudcrabs on skyrim) only increases this by about 15 degrees, I have yet to see any of the cores go above 75 degrees.

I play all my games on ultra high settings or equivalent, and my FPS across all of them is at a reliable 60 on average even in heavily loaded areas (e.g. Orgrimmar on a high population World of Warcraft server) - The only exception for this is GTA IV where increasing the view distance can bring the FPS down under 30.

fatboylim

Nice photos and thanks! A question: how is the glossy screen indoors and outdoors?

I am trying to decide if I wait for the matte screen option!

SeanHD97

Inferno

CPU temperature across all 4 cores is about 60 degrees at idle; while this might seem a bit on the high side, putting on a very heavy load (e.g. spawning 200 mudcrabs on skyrim) only increases this by about 15 degrees, I have yet to see any of the cores go above 75 degrees.

I play all my games on ultra high settings or equivalent, and my FPS across all of them is at a reliable 60 on average even in heavily loaded areas (e.g. Orgrimmar on a high population World of Warcraft server) - The only exception for this is GTA IV where increasing the view distance can bring the FPS down under 30.

How well does Diablo 3 play on this laptop?

guily6669

It's just so damn BAD that there's no way to put the GT650 GDDR5 instead of the DDR3 version, it would win a lot of FPS in most games, for just the little memory difference.

And come on, what about BF3 testes. PLZ tell me about it :)
Keep Cool

Adli

Enthusiast
It's just so damn BAD that there's no way to put the GT650 GDDR5 instead of the DDR3 version, it would win a lot of FPS in most games, for just the little memory difference.

And come on, what about BF3 testes. PLZ tell me about it :)
Keep Cool

if the TC doesn't own BF3 he cannot test it, you should be able to find some online reviews of the CLEVO W110ER that have game benchmarks.

guily6669

if the TC doesn't own BF3 he cannot test it, you should be able to find some online reviews of the CLEVO W110ER that have game benchmarks.
Yep, but I wanted the exact same hardware he has chosen (at least CPU), and I want more is for BF3.

Will try to find a "CLEVO W110ER" with I7 3610QM.
Keep Cool

robhar130

Bronze Level Poster
Goodness God, that's a little machine you have there! Very nice!! - If you can perform that well on that little thing, I literally can not wait for my beast of dreams! xD

I am sorry for asking since this thread was opened a long time ago, but iam hoping you can help. I was looking at this little laptop to relpace my desktop. A kid forces me to give up my geek space. so as space is a premium and i dont want to lug a round a beast, but i do want the option of pluging it up to a 22" monitor or a tv either runnning 1080p, just wondering if you have tried either and if you had what you have found. not after blistering graphics, but the 650 in a upgrade from my 460gtx. Cheers for any help

Yep, but I wanted the exact same hardware he has chosen (at least CPU), and I want more is for BF3.

Will try to find a "CLEVO W110ER" with I7 3610QM.
Keep Cool

FYI
Battlefield 3 (2011) low: 57.9 64.4 ~ 61 fps Compare med.: 39.6 42.3 43.3 ~ 42 fps Compare high: 30.3 31.1 33.6 34.1 ~ 32 fps Compare ultra: 11.8 15.1 15.2 15.5 ~ 14 fps

these are specs from
http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GT-650M.71887.0.html
for the full review on the 650, also a great sight to compare cards
obviously, it might be at diff res ans cpu/ ram/ hdd specs

Macshimidh

Hey, could you do me a big favour, and tell me what drivers you are using?

I'm on win7pro 64 sp1 wit the same card - am getting loads of BSOD action from nvlddkm.sys

Attempt to run Windows Experience Index fails. Card shipped with 306.97 and latest version is 295.93,
tried updating to that, and no difference - they both crash out with errors in nvlddkm.sys

Any suggestions welcome