12th gen Intel.

barlew

Godlike
New Intel 15 12400 faster (at most things) and cheaper than AMD 5600. New value champ!
It seems like a pretty interesting offering from Intel. If you Look at it purely through the lens of performance and price point it very good value for money.

MrWilson

Godlike
Strong price-to-performance, lack of E cores meaning it won't lose performance when sticking to Windows 10, things are definitely looking good for this bad boy. It is upsetting that AMD have not touched the budget end of CPUs with Zen 3, the 5600x is noticeably pricier. Once PCS get some solid budget end B660 boards in stock and some good value coolers akin to the Coolermaster Hyper 212 the 12400 will look to be the go-to CPU for the next few months.

ThoRob

Silver Level Poster
Mine has just gone into production today.
12400f, 3060 ti, 16gb 3200 RAM.
Will let you know have it performs when it arrives.

Shame they don't have the B660 board yet or I could have saved some money over the ASUS® PRIME Z690-P .
Also no Coolermaster Hyper 212 available on cooling options (I presume it doesn't fit) so had to go with Frostflow 150 which seems to be a bit of an unknown quantity.

DarTon

@ThoRob. 12400F looks like a smart buy over 5600X and shame you couldn't wait for those B660 boards. The non K range of Alder Lake CPUs look like great value.

Hardware Unboxed did a review of the 12700
If the 12700F comes in at around $330 then you have something that is typically only on a few percent slower than the 12700K for games/lightly threaded work. It's relatively power efficient. Outperforms the 5800X and is within spitting distance of the $500+ 5900X. Except for heavily threaded tasks, really no reason to buy AMD right now,

It's good to see Intel back in the game and applying some pressure to AMD. Intel being useless was allowing AMD to much room to increase margins and ignore the lower end of the market. Plus Intel has the fab capacity to actually deliver this range of CPUs, while AMD is struggling to deliver just one CPU with a the new V-cache.

Of course, whether Intel's Raptor Lake refresh will be able to go head-to-head with AMD's new AM5 based 7000 series later this year is another matter!

humourme2

Mine has just gone into production today.
12400f, 3060 ti, 16gb 3200 RAM.
Will let you know have it performs when it arrives.

Shame they don't have the B660 board yet or I could have saved some money over the ASUS® PRIME Z690-P .
Also no Coolermaster Hyper 212 available on cooling options (I presume it doesn't fit) so had to go with Frostflow 150 which seems to be a bit of an unknown quantity.

Mine is still in the queue, however, I'm already thinking about the washer upgrade https://www.tomshardware.com/uk/news/easy-mod-reduces-alder-lake-cpu-temperatures-5-degrees-celsius

ThoRob

Silver Level Poster
Computer arrived. Only run the free version of 3D benchmark so far. Timespy graphics score 11767. Not sure what that even means 🤔

JUNI0R

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Here's GN's writeup of the 12400, looks like a solid offering to me! Just need those B660 boards PCS!

Illmatc-

Computer arrived. Only run the free version of 3D benchmark so far. Timespy graphics score 11767. Not sure what that even means 🤔
Should be able to do firestrike on the free one, have a look at the other menus I think its in the third one across maybe? (on work laptop so cannot checl)