14" Fusion Query

Gherky

Hi everyone,

I am looking at the 14" Fusion as my next laptop. Currently have an Acer and it is terrible, had it less than 2 years and battery doesn't last and the trackpad has stopped working.

I did very briefly try a Macbook 15" air and was very impressed. The screen was lovely and the speakers were superb. The price was a bit high for my liking and not sure I want to go over to Macbook OS from Windows.

My query on the Fusion is:

How good is the screen? Is it as good as a Macbook?
Are the speakers good? As good as a Macbook?

I don't need anything too beefy as I only stream and do some web browsing.

If anyone has used or owns a Fusion I would welcome your thoughts. Thanks for reading :)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi everyone,

I am looking at the 14" Fusion as my next laptop. Currently have an Acer and it is terrible, had it less than 2 years and battery doesn't last and the trackpad has stopped working.

I did very briefly try a Macbook 15" air and was very impressed. The screen was lovely and the speakers were superb. The price was a bit high for my liking and not sure I want to go over to Macbook OS from Windows.

My query on the Fusion is:

How good is the screen? Is it as good as a Macbook?
Are the speakers good? As good as a Macbook?

I don't need anything too beefy as I only stream and do some web browsing.

If anyone has used or owns a Fusion I would welcome your thoughts. Thanks for reading :)
I'm afraid you're comparing apples to oranges, quite literally.

The Fusion is a great notebook, it only has integrated graphics vs the MacBook Air's full graphics capabilities.

The screen while good resolution won't be up to par with the MacBooks, the Macs are the best in the industry.

Speakers as well, MacBooks have some of the best speakers on the market, windows laptops, especially at the budget side just don't get anywhere near that. I think you'd find the sound quality tinny to say the least in comparison.

But you're comparing a premium laptop with full graphics to a mid range notebook with integrated. They're two entirely different machines.

Gherky

I'm afraid you're comparing apples to oranges, quite literally.

The Fusion is a great notebook, it only has integrated graphics vs the MacBook Air's full graphics capabilities.

The screen while good resolution won't be up to par with the MacBooks, the Macs are the best in the industry.

Speakers as well, MacBooks have some of the best speakers on the market, windows laptops, especially at the budget side just don't get anywhere near that. I think you'd find the sound quality tinny to say the least in comparison.

But you're comparing a premium laptop with full graphics to a mid range notebook with integrated. They're two entirely different machines.
Thanks SpyderTracks, I appreciate the quick reply and good advice (y)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Thanks SpyderTracks, I appreciate the quick reply and good advice (y)
Don't get me wrong, I don't want to put you off the Fusion, it's a great little device, but just setting expectations.

If you're not needing the power of the GPU, then the Fusion would be more suitable from a specs and price perspective, but you'd have to accept some limitations at the reduced tier of product.