1440p Monitor Advice

Zazzri

Hi all,

My build is in pre production, without boring you all, it's a 5600x and 3070 TI. I am aiming to play AAA titles (Warzone mainly, but other current games too) and this will be my first move across from console gaming.

I therefore would love your input regarding 1440p monitors. I have no set budget as would rather pay for a quality name such as Samsung/LG that I trust in the long run. I would rather avoid a curved monitor, as I tried a friends and I didn't enjoy the experience.

Do you have any suggestions of the best flat 1440p, 144hz monitors as the ones I keep seeing recommended on here are curved. I am thinking 27inch as any bigger wouldn't fit my desk/room very well.

Thanks in advance, please ask any questions you may need!

avenge_420

Just clicked on your profile and saw you were looking for an monitor. I was looking for one half a year ago and found and bought the S2721DGFA , its a 1440p 165hz top of the line monitor and works great. All you need to do is put the brightness up fully on the monitor and turn free sync in the settings ( connect through DisplayPort for all features) . If you find the non A variant it doesn't matter as both are exactly the same apart from place of production are different and contain different update of software installed. Currys has it in stock for £330 , a while back it was out of stock a bit. It also uses all features like free sync over HDMI AT 120 Hz for series X if you wanted that as well.

Zazzri

Just clicked on your profile and saw you were looking for an monitor. I was looking for one half a year ago and found and bought the S2721DGFA , its a 1440p 165hz top of the line monitor and works great. All you need to do is put the brightness up fully on the monitor and turn free sync in the settings ( connect through DisplayPort for all features) . If you find the non A variant it doesn't matter as both are exactly the same apart from place of production are different and contain different update of software installed. Currys has it in stock for £330 , a while back it was out of stock a bit. It also uses all features like free sync over HDMI AT 120 Hz for series X if you wanted that as well.

That is so bizarre, I literally just bought one of those and it came today!!!

avenge_420

It's a great panel enjoy it , only downside I would say is the energy efficiency , gets toasty specially in the bottom right. Also one little tip on the response time setting don't select extreme as that will cause ghosting , select one of the fast or super fast settings.