1440p monitor recommendations?

micdav557

My new PC is based on a Ryzen5-3600XT and RX5700XT. I'm looking to upgrade my monitor to take advantage of this in 1440p gameplay. Does anyone have any recommendations? I'm looking at a 27" screen size.

Waldorf28

I posted this in a similar thread, but my advice is still pertinent...

I was in a similar position to you a month ago and was agonizing over which monitor to go for. After a number of false turns I narrowed it down to two, the Asus TUF VG27AQ and the LG 27GL850.

Both are 144Mhz, both support 1440 resolution gaming and both use IPS panels.

I ruled out a 32" monitor because of the layout of the room and the fact I'd be sat virtually on top of it and it would barely fit in the space available. I was also not wild about a curved screen because there are some games I play with my kids where all three of us need a clear view of the screen. I believe (although I'm no expert) that 27" monitors are the sweetspot in terms of pixel density.

I ended up going for the LG 27GL850 for a few reasons:

1) it was on sale at Currys for only £399 (up to £439 now)

2) it had received more gushing reviews at the sites where gamers gush

3) it was judged not terrible by the real hardcore monitor reviewers:

and finally 4) it's a rare monitor *without* inbuilt speakers which means it's pretty lean for it's spec

I've had the monitor for two weeks now on a similar PC spec as yours and I can confidently state that it was a superb buy that really shows off the gaming capabilities of the machine in the best possible light at the cited budget.

I was also not wild about the red styling on the case, but you really can't see it from the frontt and I set my Corsair iCue software to make my keyboard and mouse red so visual harmony is maintained :).

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
My new PC is based on a Ryzen5-3600XT and RX5700XT. I'm looking to upgrade my monitor to take advantage of this in 1440p gameplay. Does anyone have any recommendations? I'm looking at a 27" screen size.
I would strongly advise getting some advice on your build, the 5700XT is generally best avoided as AMD have driver issues leading to all sorts of problems.

Frypot

I'll second the LG 27GL850, when I was monitor shopping a couple months back this was what all the kids wanted.

If you're on a budget, like I was, the Asus TUF VG27AQ is still a great choice and is what I ended up with and have no regrets. It's also down to £299 at both currys and amazon which is a bit of steal. I paid £359 at the peak of lockdown when monitors stock was like unicorns.

JohnWalton981

Silver Level Poster
I posted on here about mine, a Dell S2721DGF. Its got better specs than the LG and cost £330 but uses the LG panel.