1440p monitor update

sck451

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Hardware Unboxed recently released a "best 1440p gaming monitors" update video. They're a great summary, so here's what they say with some UK links, along with some of their reviews of individual displays. All prices current at the time of writing (17 February).

Mid-range medium refresh

This is what HUB consider the "sweet spot", and they have one recommendation, the MSI MAG274QRF-QD. (I've seen this way cheaper than these prices...)

Currys (£499)
Amazon (£498.62)

High-range high refresh

This doesn't seem to me to be a good-value place to go, but there are 240Hz 1440p displays. (These want at least a 3070, maybe a 3080.)

The best option: Asus ROG Swift PG279QM.

Amazon (£798.95)

Other options:

Acer Predator XB273U GX

Amazon (£549.99)

Samsung G7 (the older one!)

Overclockers (£498.95)

32-inch options

These also don't seem a good plan to me, as the pixel density isn't so great at 32". But there are some options here.

The best choice: the Gigabyte M32Q.

Currys (£389)

"The best of the best": the Asus ROG Swift PG329Q.

Overclockers (£728.99)
(Other options seem to be available, but I'm not sure how legit they are...)

A 240Hz option: the Gigabyte Aorus FI32Q.

Amazon (£581)

No HUB review of this so far.

Best budget options

The best option: the Gigabyte M27Q

Amazon (£329.99)

Other mentions for the Dell S2721DGF and the LG 27GP83B, but both are inferior to the Gigabyte.

Real budget VA options

These aren't so great, but are an option if you want something cheaper and don't mind the downsides of VA panels.

AOC CQ27G2U

Currys (£259)

Samsung G5

Currys (£239)

No HUB review

HDR models

Most models that advertise HDR don't really have it. There is now one: the AOC AGON AG274QXM, though HUB haven't reviewed it yet.

Amazon (£849, currently out of stock)

Alltruism

Bronze Level Poster
I couldn't find an MSI MAG274QRF-QD for a decent price, but just got the budget pick Gigabyte M27Q (a returned one via Amazon Warehouse) and very happy with it so far, so would second the recommendation for it if you want cheap 1440p with a decent refresh rate.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
A new, 'cheap' entry into the 1440p field...but now with added OLED...

AOC continue to rock the boat, I swear it's when they release a monitor (usually later as the tech has matured a bit) that everyone else has to reduce their prices as a result.