15.6" IONICO - Change screen refresh rate to 60Hz possible?

Antonis_32

Hi. I am interested in purchasing the 15.6" IONICO. Can the screen refresh rate be changed to 60Hz when on battery to extend battery life?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi. I am interested in purchasing the 15.6" IONICO. Can the screen refresh rate be changed to 60Hz when on battery to extend battery life?
Should be fine at 60hz. The monitor will support various refreshments rates depending on the model but 60hz is pretty standard.

Antonis_32

Thank you for the reply. Are there any quantifiable measurements anywhere stating what kind of battery life extension there will be on 60Hz?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Thank you for the reply. Are there any quantifiable measurements anywhere stating what kind of battery life extension there will be on 60Hz?
No, it's not something that would be documented ad its not something set at the factory so isn't in spec of the machine.

DarkPaladin

Enthusiast
I'm not sure how much changing the refresh rate would effect the battery life, but I know you can change the refresh rate itself in the NVIDIA Control Panel under the "Change Resolution" tab.

1632401082209.png

Antonis_32

No, it's not something that would be documented ad its not something set at the factory so isn't in spec of the machine.
I am referring to independent reviews from tech publications or individual users. From a brief search online, I couldn't find anything related.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I am referring to independent reviews from tech publications or individual users. From a brief search online, I couldn't find anything related.
It's not something that would ever be done, any battery savings would be marginal at best yet the performance impact would be significant.

Rairun

Bronze Level Poster
My Recoil (also a Tongfang) only allows me to pick between 165Hz and 40Hz, nothing in-between. Not sure if the Ionico uses the same display or not. Never heard anyone say this would affect battery life, though.