15.6" lafité iii

Spec i5-8265 with 16Gb RAM (1x16) and 480Gb SSD.

Laptop took about 10 days to arrive from order. It looks really good, and the keyboard feels nice. I like the ability to change the back lighting colour on the keyboard.

The chassis isn't all aluminium - the underside is black plastic - but it looks and feels ok.

Speed wise - it is everything you'd expect from this spec.

Battery life - it was a little poor at first (about 2hrs) as I got everything loaded onto it - but Windows 10 Indexing service was doing stuff with the 20Gb of files and source code I put onto it - so the fan was running pretty much continuously. Using it last night the fan shut off and I estimate battery life to be around 6hrs or so - which is plenty for my usage of it. It'd be nice to be able to carry a spare battery, but I guess that is a result of the thing being so very slim - no space for a removeable battery.

Speaking of slim - I liked the little touch where the network cable port hinges open to fit the cable in. Well engineered.

The screen is clear and bright with good contrast.

Came with no bloatware.

Happy customer.

:)

IMG_2636.jpg
IMG_2637.jpg
IMG_2638.jpg

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Thanks for the review, that's helpful for others considering a similar spec. :)

Another thread queried whether the chassis was aluminium or not, in the 'features' part of the online description it makes it clear that it's an aluminium finish.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
That's.. very red! Nicer red than I expected actually, the photos are helpful showing what it looks like in the light of day :) Thanks.

vrs888

Thanks very much for your review - very helpful. It looks really good in the red! You mentioned that the fan was running a lot at first: how would you rate it for fan noise?

That's.. very red! Nicer red than I expected actually, the photos are helpful showing what it looks like in the light of day :) Thanks.

Since the windows indexer finished its work, the fan has only come on once - during a windows update.

The fan noise is no worse than any other laptop - although it seems to have only 2 settings - off and max.

Most of the time now, the laptop is silent. I have been watching MotoGP using it plugged into my TV - if the fan came on during that I couldn't hear it over the noise from the show.

DMAN1924

Hello, First time posting here, thinking about getting this laptop for myself. Just wondering how easy it is to get into the laptop to upgrade the ram, ssd etc?