15.6" Optimus VIII upgrade from Optimus V 0 manual required

damole

Silver Level Poster
It's almost 3 years since I got my Optimus V and now it's time for an upgrade. I was waiting for a machine with the GTX1060 as the V has an GTX860m but I assume the GTX1050Ti will be more than adequate. I can't find a real review of the 1050Ti vs 1060 anywhere.

I tried to find the manual on the Clevo site but couldn't, I would like to see how easy it is to upgrade, repaste and clean the machine.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Notebookcheck.net have reviews of the mobile GPUs: https://www.notebookcheck.net/Mains...-1050-Ti-and-GTX-1050-in-Review.189822.0.html

It includes synthetic benchmarks as well as benches for a lot of AAA titles. This gives a rough idea of relative performance:
MobileGTX1050tinew.png

As for the manuals, Clevo seem to have taken them down off their website. Some other sites might have them, but beyond googling the chassis number unless someone here happens to have one in PDF I'm not sure there's much to be done. Perhaps an owner can comment on the chassis and their experience repasting.

To be honest I doubt it's any easier or harder to repaste and upgrade than the next Clevo laptop along.

Last edited:

damole

Silver Level Poster
Thanks for the replies.

No luck finding the manual but a reply from PCS support says there is easy access to everything needed.

My biggest issue now is the placement of the headphone port. I almost always use an external mouse and often external speakers, it is strange to me that they would put the ports at the front part of the side.