15.6" Recoil II i7-8750 GTX1060 warranty repair

damole

Silver Level Poster
I have a Recoil II from August 2018 which just stopped working yesterday. No power or charging lights. I checked the power adapter with a multimeter and it's fine. I bought the 3 year warranty. I just read the t&cs and can't see what happens if they don't have a motherboard availble to repair it.

Does anyone know what I should expect? Of course I will call them tomorrow but just wondered as I'm waiting and consider purchasing a replacement today.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I have a Recoil II from August 2018 which just stopped working yesterday. No power or charging lights. I checked the power adapter with a multimeter and it's fine. I bought the 3 year warranty. I just read the t&cs and can't see what happens if they don't have a motherboard availble to repair it.

Does anyone know what I should expect? Of course I will call them tomorrow but just wondered as I'm waiting and consider purchasing a replacement today.
Does your multimeter have a clamp ammeter? The power brick might be showing the right voltage but may be unable to deliver sufficient current. If you have a clamp ammeter on your multimeter then measure the charging current....