16GB AMD RADEON RX 6800 XT Is It A Bad GPU Or The Drivers Are Bad.

Katvena

I want to know why PCS customers are not buying more 16GB AMD RADEON RX 6800 XT but instead waiting weeks or months to buy RXT 3800?.

Is because AMD drivers are bad for 16GB AMD RADEON RX 6800 XT or is it the 16GB AMD RADEON RX 6800 XT is just a bad GPU?.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I want to know why PCS customers are not buying more 16GB AMD RADEON RX 6800 XT but instead waiting weeks or months to buy RXT 3800?.

Is because AMD drivers are bad for 16GB AMD RADEON RX 6800 XT or is it the 16GB AMD RADEON RX 6800 XT is just a bad GPU?.
I think it's pretty evenly spread between AMD and NVidia GPU's this series, not sure that everyone is waiting for the 3080, a lot of people are on the 6000 series thread.

Katvena

Ok but you don't have to pre order the 16GB AMD RADEON RX 6800 XT. That mean PCS have got 16GB AMD RADEON RX 6800 XT in stock.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I know, but why there is more AMD cards in the market at the moment. is is because AMD cards and drivers are bad?.
No, because they're producing more.

They're on and off pre order exactly the same as NVidia cards, no different. Just at the moment, PCS must have had a shipment come through.

Ash_

Master Poster
The AMD cards are great, they are strangely positioned though. Check their prices vs the Nvidia ones. Before the 6800 was the same price as a 3070, where i’d go for the 6800, but if the 6800 is closer to 3080 pricing... the 3080 beats it. The 3080 also beats the 6800XT, but the 6900XT i believe beats the 3080.

Price fluctuation is important here, as the price may not be in line, with its direct competitor equal.

Ash_

Master Poster
Yes there is that, plus i believe they are limiting SAM to only zen3 processors (i may be wrong though), where as Nvidia is bring that out soon and unlocked to all chips.

MrWilson

Godlike
The Nvidia GPUs also have a few more features that give them the edge over AMD in areas other than raw output. In terms of pure output the AMD GPUs are on par with their Nvidia counterparts and sometimes have the edge in particular titles. But when you look at Ray Tracing, DLSS, and NVENC AMD are behind in these areas. If you want to play Cyberpunk with RT you ideally want to be doing it with a 3000 series GPU, and if you want to stream, using Nvidia's built in NVENC encoding cores to take the load off your CPU is the way to go