17.3" AUO MATTE Screen

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Some of you may have noticed that this screen is no longer available to order on our configurator...

Unfortunately we have sold out of this screen model and we have not been able to source anymore for the time being. We are still trying to obtain more stock and as soon as we get stock in we will re-list this model. :)

Vortex777

Are you talking months or weeks?

Would I be able to upgrade the screen if I purchased the lower screen model on the 17'3?

Vladislav

yes, when that AUO type of screen will be avaiable again? approx? and whats the real difference between stock glossy/matte HD screen versus that special AUO? i remember it was like 79£ extra for that screen, but whats the difference? Thank you

kam67

Enthusiast
What is the difference between the Auo and regular matte screen? Is the latter a TN, while the former, an IPS?

Vortex777

Just have to order somewhere else that hasn't left it to last minute to start searching for a new batch of screens. Really annoyed about this. Last month the GT680 run out, now this month the screen and no one can tell you when there will be more.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Just have to order somewhere else that hasn't left it to last minute to start searching for a new batch of screens. Really annoyed about this. Last month the GT680 run out, now this month the screen and no one can tell you when there will be more.

We haven't left it until the last minute to "start searching for a new batch of screens" - the AUO B173HW01 V.5 is in huge constraint and no replacement model is available at present. We are constantly trying to source a new stock, but if none is available there is nothing we can do.

There is no ETA on any new stock at present and as far as I am aware we were the only company in Europe offering this screen.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately not, stock is really tight on this model at present.

grrrrrowl

I'm thinking of ordering a new laptop but I definitely want this screen. If I can get hold of one and get it shipped to you guys, would it be possible to order a laptop without a monitor and get the one I send to you installed instead?

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
I'm thinking of ordering a new laptop but I definitely want this screen. If I can get hold of one and get it shipped to you guys, would it be possible to order a laptop without a monitor and get the one I send to you installed instead?

As this is a model we normally offer, on this occasion we will allow you to send this in, but for other members reading this the answer is normally a "no". Please contact us on 0844 499 4000 to arrange this.

rickne

Master Poster
Ok heres another question. I have the year dead pixel guarantee. On the second occasion Ive had a dead pixel and want to sent it back for replacement however right now obviously this is going to be a downgrade essentially. I am hoping there is something on par with my current screen within the time limit or this guarantee is going to be a real let down for me as I will want the same or better quality product to replace it. I now what your going to say , is that there is a lot of time left but I thought Id throw that in mix.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
We are trying to source more stock and we will of course look after all warranties with priority if the need ever arises.

Portland

Bronze Level Poster
Nnnng was toying with asking this the other day, as my missus found a source. Thought there might be warranty complications though.

Order is in pre-production so I've got a few days left for them to appear (I've got a flag on my order to check if there is any sign before going lower gamut matte.