17.3" Cosmos II review

alecol

I bought the 17.3" Cosmos II for a customer of mine. I can't add any pictures because it's now installed at their office. When I set the laptop up for them it seemed very well built apart from the DVD tray felt a bit flimsy. I know they normally feel fairly flimsy anyway but this one felt a bit more so. Not really a major issue however. The Win7 image used seems very clutter free which is nice. No major branding on the outside of the laptop chassis but comes up with a big PCS splash screen at boot, PCS wallpaper as std for Windows and PCS support information on the computer properties window. I had advised the customer that the laptop should be available within 20 working days. The laptop arrived a few days before that which enabled me to keep to predicted time-scales. It was well packaged.

I'm about to purchase another 2 laptops for a different customer so this shows the experience from PCS was of a good enough standard to go back.

I've not yet needed to use their support system but will update this review as and when I do.

alecol

Because they don't know where to start. They are an older couple who need a fair bit of hand holding. It made more sense for me to run through a spec, help them set it up and provide support afterwards on a system I felt would be up to the job. They didn't want an "off the shelf" manufacturer and I don't have the space or time at the moment to do the build myself. I can then deal with any warranty issues for them and deal with PCS on their behalf when required.

If they have the money to pay someone else to do it, then why not I guess.