17.3 Elimina pro Vs normal

Swiza

Apart from battery life and CPU 6 to 8cores are there any other key differences between these models.

Is the rtx 3060 max p
Will the 6core provide more gaming performance than 8core? Not sure why the pro has a weaker CPU

Are there any thic laptop models on pcs

I am new to custom laptops and looking for a decent budget device with some future proofing so any advice on alternative solutions are welcome

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17413

The cases are slightly different, the vents look larger on the pro version but only a mm in case thickness/depth itself.
The 8 core being the regular version threw me a little, but they looked like the largest/thickest cases.

Are you after thickness in terms of cooling? Whatever case you get I would make sure to get a good stand as well, have a good look around .

What are you aiming to use it for? Gaming?

Swiza

The cases are slightly different, the vents look larger on the pro version but only a mm in case thickness/depth itself.
The 8 core being the regular version threw me a little, but they looked like the largest/thickest cases.

Are you after thickness in terms of cooling? Whatever case you get I would make sure to get a good stand as well, have a good look around .

What are you aiming to use it for? Gaming?
I'm hoping for the best cooling/laptop I can get for my budget.
The device will be used for gaming and some not so intensive rendering software.

I have heard laptop stands are only good for raising the case and allowing airflow, what would you consider a good stand

Macco26

Expert
They are totally 2 different beasts, in the sense manufactured by totally 2 different companies.
The 6 cores CPUis worse overall than the 8 core for productivity, but you can find the 8 core Elimina Pro in the 15 inch size factor, weird enough.

For gaming very little changes between 6 and 8 cores though. The Elimina Pro has a 115W+15W DB GPU, so Max-P, yeah. Don't know about the other, possibly it's a Max-Q.

Swiza

They are totally 2 different beasts, in the sense manufactured by totally 2 different companies.
The 6 cores CPUis worse overall than the 8 core for productivity, but you can find the 8 core Elimina Pro in the 15 inch size factor, weird enough.

For gaming very little changes between 6 and 8 cores though. The Elimina Pro has a 115W+15W DB GPU, so Max-P, yeah. Don't know about the other, possibly it's a Max-Q.
Thanks, are there any review on the pro? Also is the CPU the best compliment for the GPU

Macco26

Expert
Not exactly aware of any review of Elimina Pro, despite it being a Tongfang chassis so it might come with different names around the world. The 10750H version isn't very common though, so hard to find, except in some Turkish youtube channel I guess and I can't post it as it's not for a PCS branded laptop.
If you are interested in the underlying Control Center customization instead, you can check my Ionico 17 video review (posted in this same forum as well), especially the Undervolting and Control Center Power Limiting guide.
Ionico is a higher tier Tongfang chassis, but the Control Center is pretty much the same. I mean, IT IS the same, just it changes the max values for GPU TGP in case it finds RTX 3070, etc.

Swiza

Will the i7 10750H not bottleneck the gpu? I'm only finding this paired with 2000 series devices.
I spent an hour trying to find any info on the device even using the chassis number TongFang GM7MG0R.
If I could just find out about how cool it is.
Is it worth getting the 2933 ram, i can't find a no ram and no hard drive option

Can I ask you, why would you choose the ionico over this? Also is it well ventilated

Macco26

Expert
Ionico 17 has a MUX switch, 1440p 165 Hz, RTX 3070 at 140W, Intel 10875H capable of better undervolting.
And, now it's being offered also with top of the line AMD Zen3 5900HX (not mine).

So 2 different calibres, if you asks me.

Macco26

Expert
Regarding benchmarks, you can check similar laptops (not Tongfang!) with 10750H plus even RTX 3070 in notebookcheck website. It beated Asus 2021 laptops in many games. So the 6 core is still pretty capable at gaming. Not so much at productivity though.

Swiza

Does the elimina pro support mux? Not that I really know what that is, saw it in your video guide
Ionico 17 has a MUX switch, 1440p 165 Hz, RTX 3070 at 140W, Intel 10875H capable of better undervolting.
And, now it's being offered also with top of the line AMD Zen3 5900HX (not mine).

So 2 different calibres, if you asks me.

Macco26

Expert
It seems it does not. They might have cheaped it out.

It basically connects your Nvidia GPU straight to the internal screen. Max FPS uncapped. Like 100-200 FPS more in esport titles. Or 20 FPS more on AAA titles like Warzone etc. You can have a pretty good grasp with the several videos I did following my review.

Swiza

It seems it does not. They might have cheaped it out.

It basically connects your Nvidia GPU straight to the internal screen. Max FPS uncapped. Like 100-200 FPS more in esport titles. Or 20 FPS more on AAA titles like Warzone etc. You can have a pretty good grasp with the several videos I did following my review.
I don't often play online games, mostly ps4/ps5 single player (often fast paced games)
In your opinion do you think the mux switch justifies the 300 increase for ionico 3060 or 500 for the 3070

1440p/better screen is irrelevant for me so is battery life.

What ram sticks are in your laptop also are you using a cooling pad/ stand

Macco26

Expert
The 1440p screen is wonderful, so weird you say it's irrelelevant. Probably the best improvement year over year.
In your scenario, when games you play do not exceed 80-90 FPS, MUX is irrelevant. You can save yourself.

For the RAM stick, at the time of buying PCS offered only 2666 Mhz Corsair so I have those, but luckily overclocked to 2933 specs as those Tongfang do allow to do that in the BIOS (upon activating a hidden page in the control center). I do have a cooling pad with 2 big 120mm USB fans attached by me underneath.

Swiza

The 1440p screen is wonderful, so weird you say it's irrelelevant. Probably the best improvement year over year.
In your scenario, when games you play do not exceed 80-90 FPS, MUX is irrelevant. You can save yourself.

For the RAM stick, at the time of buying PCS offered only 2666 Mhz Corsair so I have those, but luckily overclocked to 2933 specs as those Tongfang do allow to do that in the BIOS (upon activating a hidden page in the control center). I do have a cooling pad with 2 big 120mm USB fans attached by me underneath.
Thanks alot for your help, I finally pulled the trigger
🤩

Macco26

Expert
Today's video from Jarrod's Tech actually reviews a 10750H with 3070 Max-P and from what I've seen the GPU isn't bottlenecked by any means. That is a MUX enabled laptop though.
Elimina Pro is not surely without MUX however. Owners are asking to PCS if there is a new BIOS as it came for Ionico. That's because some received Elimina Pro with the MUX enable, actually.
Problem is that I've heard some unspecified number have MUX failing and ODM solved the problem by disabling the MUX to everybody. So getting the proper BIOS could not solve any probem if you are the bad half of the sample.