17.3" Genesis V charging question

Hi all, not been on here for a few years but just took delivery of a 17.3" Genesis V. The generic "instruction" book that came with it recommends charging overnight before using. So i plugged the charger in at 5pm yesterday and got an Orange and Green light on the front of the laptop. These were still there this morning and I was wondering if anyone can tell me what the two lights mean as it's got nothing in the book.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi all, not been on here for a few years but just took delivery of a 17.3" Genesis V. The generic "instruction" book that came with it recommends charging overnight before using. So i plugged the charger in at 5pm yesterday and got an Orange and Green light on the front of the laptop. These were still there this morning and I was wondering if anyone can tell me what the two lights mean as it's got nothing in the book.

I think this is how it works, or it's the case on mine...

The right one is simply on/off, green for on.

The left one is battery level. If the machine is turned off, ironically it always remains orange. Once turned on and battery is fully charged it should change to green. Red if it's low.

Oh thanks for that Spyder. So my Orange light should really have changed to Green after about 14 hours surely if they're the same PC? I'll put it back on charge and see what happens. Perhaps it might take a few usage and charging cycles to "condition" the battery.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Put it on charge and switched off for 24 hours. If you still get the "charging" light after that I'd call PCS.