17.3 Inch Defiance or Valeon laptop?

alex_gayton

Hi guys, I'm wanting to buy a new laptop for games but I can't decide between the Defiance or the new Valeon. I mainly want it for playing Microsoft Flight Simulator and Euro Truck Simulator 2. I also looked at the Recoil too but that's a bit out of my budget.

The specs I'm considering are as follows (both with Arctic MX-4 paste too):

DefianceValeon
CPUIntel® Core™ i7 8-Core Processor 10870HAMD Ryzen™ 9-5900HX
RAM64GB CORSAIR 2666MHZ64GB CORSAIR 2666MHZ
GPU16GB GeForce RTX 3080 Max-Q16GB GeForce RTX 3080
SSD1TB SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.21TB SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2

I'm not sure if the 32GB 2933MHZ RAM would be better then 64GB 2666MHZ as it's a faster MHZ speed?

What does it mean by 'Max-Q'?

Also would NVIDIA GPUs work with an AMD processor as I've only really seen NVIDIA GPUs with Intel processors?

Sorry for all the questions as I don't know much about this sort of stuff but any help and recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi guys, I'm wanting to buy a new laptop for games but I can't decide between the Defiance or the new Valeon. I mainly want it for playing Microsoft Flight Simulator and Euro Truck Simulator 2. I also looked at the Recoil too but that's a bit out of my budget.

The specs I'm considering are as follows (both with Arctic MX-4 paste too):

DefianceValeon
CPUIntel® Core™ i7 8-Core Processor 10870HAMD Ryzen™ 9-5900HX
RAM64GB CORSAIR 2666MHZ64GB CORSAIR 2666MHZ
GPU16GB GeForce RTX 3080 Max-Q16GB GeForce RTX 3080
SSD1TB SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.21TB SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2

I'm not sure if the 32GB 2933MHZ RAM would be better then 64GB 2666MHZ as it's a faster MHZ speed?

What does it mean by 'Max-Q'?

Also would NVIDIA GPUs work with an AMD processor as I've only really seen NVIDIA GPUs with Intel processors?

Sorry for all the questions as I don't know much about this sort of stuff but any help and recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
GPUs have no requirement on processors, they’re independent.

32gb will be far better, you wouldn’t use 64gb

Max-q is a lower power variant of the card, it’s quite a lot less capable.

In my opinion, the Valeon is the one to beat, I’d take AMD over intel any day of the week!

Macco26

Expert
Valeon is on another league, frankly. Its RTX 3080 can be pushed at 150W.
Max-Q exactly means the Defiance GPU is low powered, I think it barely touch the 105W, so almost 50W less.

AMD loves high DRAM frequency. If you opt for Valeon, go for the highest possibile PCS offers (should appear 3200Mhz, go for it)