17,3" OCTANE VI

debiruman665

Enthusiast
I did some test during lunch break.

I uninstalled nvidia driver with DDU and installed the lastest (480.36) and i undervolted the CPU with Throttlestop (-125mv cache -100mv core) and the result is... bad...
View attachment 13512

your cache and core undervolts should match each other,

this is why I prefer XTU it allows you a midway freedom to change settings. Throttle stop is a bit no holds barred.

drumks

Bronze Level Poster
your cache and core undervolts should match each other,

Why ? :eek:

About under performance on firestrike of my CPU i have no idea to what to do.

I tried differents drivers version (the latest 480.36 / the one given by PCs 417 / the one automatically proposed by Windows Update, don't remember the version). Nothing helped.

I tried to contact the French support but no answer atm.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I would personally set everything to the default, leave it all alone and run a test to give yourself a baseline. You can then start to tweak and see what works for you.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Could gsync be affecting the GPU 3dmark score?

As in, gsync does affect performance in firestrike etc; could that be what the issue is here?

drumks

Bronze Level Poster
I would personally set everything to the default, leave it all alone and run a test to give yourself a baseline. You can then start to tweak and see what works for you.

What do you mean by set everything to the default ?
Doing another clean Windows installation and retry to benchmark ?

The first 3d Mark Firestrike result i posted here was just after the installation of Windows, all was done with default setting.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Not having any undervolting applied at all. Leaving everything at zero and then run the benchmark. Make sure the computer power is in "performance" mode.

G-Sync should have fairly negligible impact. I think it was 1-2% the last time I checked it. V-Sync is a killer though, but doesn't appear to be in play here. Every little helps though so definitely disable G-Sync if it has it.

drumks

Bronze Level Poster
Not having any undervolting applied at all. Leaving everything at zero and then run the benchmark. Make sure the computer power is in "performance" mode.

Unfortunately i already did it :(
The computer came stock with -0.100mv on cache (configured on bios i guess) and i did benchmark without any modifications.
Power is in "performance" mode and Control Center in "Performance" too.

drumks

Bronze Level Poster
We are close to normal result ! :)

Configuration: -0.128 core & cache / g sync off / Nvidia control panel -> "Prefer Maximum Performance" and vertical sync off
-

drumks

Bronze Level Poster
Well i thought that the "Automatic" fan setting in Control Center was ok, but in reality not...
I configured a personal setting who make run the fan at 100% when temps (CPU & GPU) reach 60°.

Configuration: -0.185 core & cache / g sync off / Nvidia control panel -> "Prefer Maximum Performance" and vertical sync off

The result is now normal, and i'am very impressed by the temps !

Thank you for your help.

I'll try now in game ;)