17.3" Omega Supreme (Clevo P570WM) Reviewed

Animal

Hi all,

If like me any of you have been struggling to find a decent review of the Omega Supreme, then I think I've found a decent link (see below).

I believe the American equivalent is a Sager NP9570 which uses the same P570WM Clevo chassis as the Omega Supreme.

I found this review on YouTube which they have maxed out the components almost to the same spec that I have ordered with PCS. Enjoy :)

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=zvTVGNAlfgc&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DzvTVGNAlfgc

Last edited:

Animal

Will you be doing a review when you receive the beast?

Yes, most definately! It's now week 3 since I placed my order but has been delayed as they have been waiting for the chassis to arrive :-( I chased PCS up Monday who advised they would treat my order as a priority and were hoping to dispatch in the next 1 to 2 days. I checked my order today but it still shows at Pre-Production status.

I really hope I get this by the weekend, but then again, I don't want PCS to rush it through and compromise the build/testing etc

Last edited:

Animal

I received an update today advising laptop is now being built/configured but are awaiting two components; a Bluray drive which was due in today and the SSD although no ETA was provided :-(

Last edited:

Michael_D

Received my Supreme yesterday.
Had one power supply block and the combiner missing so PCS sent them by courier which arrived today. Unfortunately the PS was the wrong one so they have sent another PS with the courier to pick up the wrong one. Immediate response to my phone calls when I rang and Mathew (thank you ) took the correct power supply himself to the dispatch Dept while I was still on the phone. Got an email update this evening stating that I will get the delivery tomorrow.

spec:

Gloss 90% Gamut Full HD LED Widescreen (1920x1080)
Intel® Core™i7 Six Core Processor Extreme i7-3970X (3.5GHz) 15MB Cache
32GB SAMSUNG 1600MHz SODIMM DDR3 MEMORY (4 x 8GB)
2 x NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 670MX - 3.0GB DDR5 Video RAM - DirectX® 11
750GB SEAGATE MOMENTUS XT HYBRID, SATA 6 Gb/s, 32MB CACHE (7200 rpm)
GIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS INTEL® ADVANCED-N 6235 (300Mbps) + BLUETOOTH
Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit w/SP1 - inc DVD & Licence (£109)
NO OFFICE SOFTWARE
NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
3 Year Gold Warranty (2 Year Collect & Return, 2 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour) (£69)
30 Day Dead Pixel Guarantee Inc. Labour & Carriage Costs (£12)
1 Month Free Laptop Insurance inc. Accidental Damage & Theft
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
FAST TRACK 5 WORKING DAY DISPATCH (£39

will add pics soon

D

Deleted member 17413

Received my Supreme yesterday.
Had one power supply block and the combiner missing so PCS sent them by courier which arrived today. Unfortunately the PS was the wrong one so they have sent another PS with the courier to pick up the wrong one. Immediate response to my phone calls when I rang and Mathew (thank you ) took the correct power supply himself to the dispatch Dept while I was still on the phone. Got an email update this evening stating that I will get the delivery tomorrow.

spec:

Gloss 90% Gamut Full HD LED Widescreen (1920x1080)
Intel® Core™i7 Six Core Processor Extreme i7-3970X (3.5GHz) 15MB Cache
32GB SAMSUNG 1600MHz SODIMM DDR3 MEMORY (4 x 8GB)
2 x NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 670MX - 3.0GB DDR5 Video RAM - DirectX® 11
GIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS INTEL® ADVANCED-N 6235 (300Mbps) + BLUETOOTH
Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit w/SP1 - inc DVD & Licence (£109)
NO OFFICE SOFTWARE
NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
3 Year Gold Warranty (2 Year Collect & Return, 2 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour) (£69)
30 Day Dead Pixel Guarantee Inc. Labour & Carriage Costs (£12)
1 Month Free Laptop Insurance inc. Accidental Damage & Theft
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
FAST TRACK 5 WORKING DAY DISPATCH (£39

will add pics soon

Mwahahaha!! A omega supreme purchase!!! this means you have the Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ MB2 software right??

Tell us allllllllllllllll about the sound.... can you test it with the software disabled and then enabled and give us a review?!? Not that i'm trying to use you for my own purposes of nofink....

Michael_D

Mwahahaha!! A omega supreme purchase!!! this means you have the Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ MB2 software right??

Tell us allllllllllllllll about the sound.... can you test it with the software disabled and then enabled and give us a review?!? Not that i'm trying to use you for my own purposes of nofink....

Hmmm.. I am a little confused here, Ithought it wasthe Intel 5.1 Channel High Definition Audio which is built into the MBoard, no soundblaster hardware. So I ignored the icon to install the sondblaster software on the desktop.

I just put a dubsteb mashup played directly from youtube to test sound.
The sound was better then I was expecting with a fair amount of depth. I would'nt call it bass or solid though, but rather just thickness or more warmth to the sound.

The really noticeable thing that jumped out at me was the imbalance of the stereo field when sat directly in front of it. It is very right side heavy. This is no good for games!!! ... Especially for FPS.

I immediately went to the HD surround settings to play and try and achieve a balanced sound.
If you turn the subwoofer off the sound is truly awful, thin and tinny.. yuk!. There does not seem to be a low band pass on the feed to the subwoofer which is located on the right hand side of the laptop so the entire sound is fed and pumped out giving the imbalanced right side to the stereo field. If you go into the room correction and disable all the speakers there is still sound coming out of what seems to be the center speakers. Very odd!

I jumped into a quick retro first person shooter (Ace of Spades V.075). The sound was awful, the midrange just fell out and made the game unplayable with the settings on 5.1 but when set to stereo only the sound was better for locating players even though the balance was offset to the right. Not good:wacko:

Playing with the settings some more I got it balanced more by setting the left to +3db and right (including sub) to -3db so that is a 100% decrease in volume accross the stereo field though if you sit just slightly off center the sound leaps to the left. This was actually an immprovement but not perfect. However when you play a game the sound falls apart again, all the mid range disapears.

At this point I decided to install the soundblaster software to see if made it a difference. Well, it trashed all the settings I had made this far and sounded the same as when first turned on so I am now back to square one.

Perhaps I am doing something wrong? There were a shedload of windows updates that I had to install when I first turned on so maybe this trashed something? I only played with it for half an hour or so so need to do more fiddling. Any advice to get the right settings for the stereo field would be helpful.

Animal

Hmmm.. I am a little confused here, Ithought it wasthe Intel 5.1 Channel High Definition Audio which is built into the MBoard, no soundblaster hardware. So I ignored the icon to install the sondblaster software on the desktop.

I just put a dubsteb mashup played directly from youtube to test sound.
The sound was better then I was expecting with a fair amount of depth. I would'nt call it bass or solid though, but rather just thickness or more warmth to the sound.

The really noticeable thing that jumped out at me was the imbalance of the stereo field when sat directly in front of it. It is very right side heavy. This is no good for games!!! ... Especially for FPS.

I immediately went to the HD surround settings to play and try and achieve a balanced sound.
If you turn the subwoofer off the sound is truly awful, thin and tinny.. yuk!. There does not seem to be a low band pass on the feed to the subwoofer which is located on the right hand side of the laptop so the entire sound is fed and pumped out giving the imbalanced right side to the stereo field. If you go into the room correction and disable all the speakers there is still sound coming out of what seems to be the center speakers. Very odd!

I jumped into a quick retro first person shooter (Ace of Spades V.075). The sound was awful, the midrange just fell out and made the game unplayable with the settings on 5.1 but when set to stereo only the sound was better for locating players even though the balance was offset to the right. Not good:wacko:

Playing with the settings some more I got it balanced more by setting the left to +3db and right (including sub) to -3db so that is a 100% decrease in volume accross the stereo field though if you sit just slightly off center the sound leaps to the left. This was actually an immprovement but not perfect. However when you play a game the sound falls apart again, all the mid range disapears.

At this point I decided to install the soundblaster software to see if made it a difference. Well, it trashed all the settings I had made this far and sounded the same as when first turned on so I am now back to square one.

Perhaps I am doing something wrong? There were a shedload of windows updates that I had to install when I first turned on so maybe this trashed something? I only played with it for half an hour or so so need to do more fiddling. Any advice to get the right settings for the stereo field would be helpful.

Hmm, I think I may have a look around for some small laptop speakers. Hope you get it sorted.

Animal

Horray! My laptop has finally been dispatched which is due to be delivered on the 18/03/13.

A big thanks to TomD's intervention otherwise my order would have been stuck in the building status for an indefinate period as PCS were unable to give any ETA for the Intel 480gb SSD! In PCS defence, this component is pretty much sold out everywhere hence I decided to go for the Kingston HyperX 480gb SSD.

Anyway I will hopefully provide a full review some time next week which will include both the ordering experience with PCS and the laptop itself :)

moosEh

Administrator
Staff member
Horray! My laptop has finally been dispatched which is due to be delivered on the 18/03/13.

A big thanks to TomD's intervention otherwise my order would have been stuck in the building status for an indefinate period as PCS were unable to give any ETA for the Intel 480gb SSD! In PCS defence, this component is pretty much sold out everywhere hence I decided to go for the Kingston HyperX 480gb SSD.

Anyway I will hopefully provide a full review some time next week which will include both the ordering experience with PCS and the laptop itself :)

Glad to help

Animal

Ok, I finally received the beast yesterday and there is only one word that can describe it. Awesome. I will hold off providing a full review until I've had time to have a play with some games and applications.

The only thing I am disappointed in is there are three dents to the laptop lid. They aren't that noticeable and can only been seen in certain light conditions. I guess the softness of aluminium make it easily prone to damage. The thing is I just know they are there and it should have been free from any damage. I debated whether to contact PCS to see if they can replace the lid when after all it cost me nearly £3000!

PCS also forgot one of the leads to the PSU so in the mean time have borrowed the TV lead until I receive the missing item.

Anyway back to lots of updates etc :)

Last edited: