17.3" Recoil III trackpad has no buttons

Singularity

Hi, I've been looking at the 17.3" Recoil III, and with the exception of the battery watts (which is pretty terrible for a 17") it looks like a great laptop. The question I have is I've noticed the trackpad has no left or right buttons. Is it one of those trackpads that are clickable on the left and right, or does it assume that people use a mouse and has no left and right?

D

Deleted member 88683

From what i understand, battery is what it is with PCS they don't have any other options than what is listed on their website so no point asking them. The touch pad is clickable it just does not have seperate buttons, you just click bottom right side for right click and left for left click. My currently ultra note is the same. its not bad but can be a little temperamental sometimes.

Singularity

From what i understand, battery is what it is with PCS they don't have any other options than what is listed on their website so no point asking them. The touch pad is clickable it just does not have seperate buttons, you just click bottom right side for right click and left for left click. My currently ultra note is the same. its not bad but can be a little temperamental sometimes.

Thanks for the info, appreciated. I've not used a trackpad like that before, is it easy to get used to if you've used buttons all your life? Also can you explain what kind of temperamental issues you've found?

On the battery, I've read it can be replaced with a third party larger watt battery if you remove the mechanical hard drive (from review vid). Also on notebookreview forum people are talking about using higher capacity battery in Tongfang chassis.

D

Deleted member 88683

Thanks for the info, appreciated. I've not used a trackpad like that before, is it easy to get used to if you've used buttons all your life? Also can you explain what kind of temperamental issues you've found?

On the battery, I've read it can be replaced with a third party larger watt battery if you remove the mechanical hard drive (from review vid). Also on notebookreview forum people are talking about using higher capacity battery in Tongfang chassis.

Sorry for the late response, i am not so active on this fourm

Tempermental being, if you imagine a line midway making a left and right side, left for left click and visaversa if you did not press full on the left side (where the micro switch will be for the left click) then you risk not clicking at all or sometimes if you click to close to the center on the left side you end up right clicking instead of left clicking, but i guess it is just something you get use to. I am not a die hard laptop person, i use desktops but i have always had a laptop for general use, sofa browsing etc.

With regards to the battery, do what you want if you have seen others working then great, just remeber, if you cause any damage to the system you will not be covered under any warranty so you need to sort of out weigh the pros and cons and decide if its worth the risk on a new ..expensive...device.

Singularity

I think I can get used to the trackpad as I haven't seen any note worthy mention in the numerous reviews of the laptop (under different rebrand names).

I wouldn't necessarily get the larger battery, but it is nice to have the option if the occasion arises. I don't think the larger battery is dangerous as all since at least one reseller offers it in on their customisation page, and others owners have already purchased it elsewhere with no issues. The battery is a 4 cell 62 watt one that requires the mechanical hard drive to be removed for it to fit. I'm not sure why PCS doesn't offer it, but there may be a good reason, I don't know.

***Please no linking to competitors****

If I get this laptop I would prefer to buy in the UK, plus PCS warranty is better and much cheaper.

Last edited by a moderator: