17.3" Recoil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macco26

Expert
As OP said ("my better half is disabled and is often bed ridden as her back is knackered") he has some serious problems at finding a proper location of things around the bed of his wife I guess. That's the reasoning behind, I guess. Probably just 1 mt does not fit her need at all.

L Miller

This is what I do.
So do you advise to put both the PSU's on the bed to overheat and disonecting everything everytime we need to take her to the toilet or dangle them both off the side of the bed in mid air with the laptop's power inlets taking the full weight. Or should we put the mattress on the floor and get her a winch to help her to her feet or wheelchair depending on how bad she feels. ??

Nedd Ludd

So do you advise to put both the PSU's on the bed to overheat and disonecting everything everytime we need to take her to the toilet or dangle them both off the side of the bed in mid air with the laptop's power inlets taking the full weight. Or should we put the mattress on the floor and get her a winch to help her to her feet or wheelchair depending on how bad she feels. ??
As this model with the 1 mtr power cords is unsuitable for your wife, then obviously you would not buy it. The fact that they are this l;ength does not deter the majority of people who are looking for a laptop with this spec. I doubt any sales are lost because of this.

Taking into consideration your wifes condition, you should be looking for a model with low heat output and a long lead from the PSU to the laptop. This should be your first priority. Failing that and if you must have a Recoil, simply cut or better still remove the lead and extend it. Properly done, it is not dangerous and would offer you the longer cable you desire. If you do not feel comfortable doing this, any competent electrician/electronics engineer can do this quickly and taking into account the cost of the machine, at a low prce. Not more than a few miniutes work.

L Miller

So you you can personally vouch for PcSpecalist that I can lengthen the cables myself without putting the warranty at risk.
PcSpecalist is the same clevo franchise as **removed competitor** who make the identical laptop other than the 2m power leads, If you can be bothered to look at my previous post you will find I have purchased a another with basically the same specs but at about £1200 more than the Recoil, I would much prefer to purchase the Recoil but after reading many posts about the short cables I needed to ask and sadly they are far to short, 1 meter is fine if you want to keep your desktop replacement laptop on your desktop, but for any degree of mobility 1 meter is unusable and if the cables where 1,5 - 2m would this really bother you in any way?

Nedd Ludd

So you you can personally vouch for PcSpecalist that I can lengthen the cables myself without putting the warranty at risk.
PcSpecalist is the same clevo franchise as **removed competitor** who make the identical laptop other than the 2m power leads, If you can be bothered to look at my previous post you will find I have purchased a another with basically the same specs but at about £1200 more than the Recoil, I would much prefer to purchase the Recoil but after reading many posts about the short cables I needed to ask and sadly they are far to short, 1 meter is fine if you want to keep your desktop replacement laptop on your desktop, but for any degree of mobility 1 meter is unusable and if the cables where 1,5 - 2m would this really bother you in any way?
Sorry for trying to help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.