17.3" VYPER Keyboard Question

Mr Blue

So I've noticed the keyboard layout on the Vyper is a little odd, in that it's missing the numpad enter and also separate PgUp/Down, Home and End keys. Those last 4 keys are actually quite important to me. One of the games I play often, specifically one of the mods within that game, uses them quite a lot and unfortunately controls for the mod can't be remapped.

Most numpads also have Home/End/PgUP/PgDn with the number keys including the Vyper, and I've tried getting it to work on my current laptop as a test. For example Num 7 could also be Home.

Unfortunately the game will always read the input as "Num 7" instead of “Home” regardless of whether numlock is off/I'm holding the Fn key/etc.

I've no idea if this will be a common problem, or if it's down to the specific keyboard and drivers, or what. If there's anyone out there who owns a Vyper 17 and a copy of Arma 3 who could try mapping a command to 'Home' to see what happens I would be extremely grateful!

Mr Blue

So with PCS's 14 day return policy in mind I went ahead and ordered a Vyper.

Bad news: My concerns about the keyboard numpad were justified
Good news: There is a programme called Autohotkey that is a great work around

I'm a complete novice when it comes to code so someone who knows what they're doing may be able to write a more elegant one, but i've attatched the script I made for AHK as a .txt in case anyone else would find it useful.

Attachments

• Arma 3.txt
    801 bytes · Views: 198