17.3" VYPER led light bar faulty :(

niallht

Hi, i received my vyper yesterday and found that a few leds on the light bar are faulty.
ontop of that 3 of the leds seem to be about 2x as bright as the rest.

i dont really want to have to send it back and wait as i have just waited a mounth to get it!
IMG_20200614_112028.jpg

niallht

Hi , apart from the led problem. How is being your experience with the laptop?
other than the broken leds and the wait its been good,
cpu does run a little hot at 90 when i played minecaft RTX. the screen is amazing though coming from a budget 60hz monitor 144hz makes a huge difference in games like cs.

niallht

really maybe it is meant to be like that lol.
ill contact PCS tommorow w/this pic and find out
if you look closely on the product page it appears that this is not present in the pic. i think it is faulty, stange that you would have it too though

Ambassador Spock

Bronze Level Poster
if you look closely on the product page it appears that this is not present in the pic. i think it is faulty, stange that you would have it too though

I hate the be the one to say this, but that is the third recurring issue I've seen in the 17.3" Vyper... Loose power brick connector, faulty LED strip, keyboard lettering rubbing off.... Does anyone here have a 17.3" Vyper without these issues? We can't all just be unlucky....

chrisg4u

I hate the be the one to say this, but that is the third recurring issue I've seen in the 17.3" Vyper... Loose power brick connector, faulty LED strip, keyboard lettering rubbing off.... Does anyone here have a 17.3" Vyper without these issues? We can't all just be unlucky....
I also have the loose power brick connector haha! it's not the end of the world but does seem it can come apart easily. Can be fixed by just using another lead but I'm not bothered. Also my vyper arrived with a loose fan connector which I didn't know about, even got as far as an RMA until I thought of opening the back and seeing the loose connector

Ambassador Spock

Bronze Level Poster
I also have the loose power brick connector haha! it's not the end of the world but does seem it can come apart easily. Can be fixed by just using another lead but I'm not bothered. Also my vyper arrived with a loose fan connector which I didn't know about, even got as far as an RMA until I thought of opening the back and seeing the loose connector

You are right that the loose power brick connection isn't a big deal, but to have so many issues brought up by so many different people (on a chassis that has only been out for a few months!), that doesn't make me laugh... I'm a first-time PCS customer and I chose PCS because of countless reviews I've read on reddit and elsewhere raving about their customer service. But what I am reading lately does make me worried.

AX10

You are right that the loose power brick connection isn't a big deal, but to have so many issues brought up by so many different people (on a chassis that has only been out for a few months!), that doesn't make me laugh... I'm a first-time PCS customer and I chose PCS because of countless reviews I've read on reddit and elsewhere raving about their customer service. But what I am reading lately does make me worried.

Just remember you only hear the negative rather than all the people that havent posted with no issues at all.

AX10

But it's absolutely right that people post about the issues on here. The chassis of course is bought in by PCS and if there are problems with the Vyper 17" chassis then PCS need to know so that they can pass that on to the manufacturer.

Oh for sure, I'm glad people are posting about the issues they have encountered.

Its great to see so many people help others especially if it's something the user can fix to save sending the laptop back.

GeorgeCA

Bronze Level Poster
I will make some checks on mine later and post a review. I must say that i already sent it back for a RMA - faulty screen, no thermic paste applied, the touchpad was loose on the left side. All issues have been fixed - screen replaced, thermal paste reapplied, and the touchpad put in place. Since them i had no issues - the temps are at max 85 while gaming (but average is 75).

I am not using the laptop screen but an external monitor... so i did not try the keyboard yet.
The power brick is quite fit - it does not come out.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I will make some checks on mine later and post a review. I must say that i already sent it back for a RMA - faulty screen, no thermic paste applied, the touchpad was loose on the left side. All issues have been fixed - screen replaced, thermal paste reapplied, and the touchpad put in place. Since them i had no issues - the temps are at max 85 while gaming (but average is 75).

I am not using the laptop screen but an external monitor... so i did not try the keyboard yet.
Was there actually no thermal paste or was it just a poor paste job?

Edit: Just looked through your history and it was just a bad paste job, not no paste at all.... Phew, no paste would have been really dire.

GeorgeCA

Bronze Level Poster
Was there actually no thermal paste or was it just a poor paste job?

Edit: Just looked through your history and it was just a bad paste job, not no paste at all.... Phew, no paste would have been really dire.

yeah i forgot ... you are right, it was not applied correctly :) it would have been a real bbq :))

AX10

How lose was the touchpad? Mine is slightly at the bottom but considered that normal

niallht

Hi guys!
sorry been busy back at work lol havent been on, seems i am not the only one having issues lol.

i sent mine back for RMA yesterday. i do have to say i am slightly regretting my decision to use PCS after reading this thread.
should have just spent the extra and got a pre built.

niallht

But it's absolutely right that people post about the issues on here. The chassis of course is bought in by PCS and if there are problems with the Vyper 17" chassis then PCS need to know so that they can pass that on to the manufacturer.
Could not agree more mate, i do have to say i am quite dissopointed with the service ive had so far. especially not been helped by the lack of and inncorrect communicaiton ive had from customer service.

michty_me

I was going to just blow my budget on this setup but not sure if I'll bother now. Really liked the sound of this laptop too.
I have seen a few grumblings on Reddit and here recently so a little unsure.