17" optimus II

Pilch

Hi, I can only currently select 3 different CPU's when configuring the optimus II 17.3", is this just a database error or has availability changed for this model? Hoping not as I was going to be speccing one up soon.

Cheers

AzY

Gold Level Poster
Hi, I can only currently select 3 different CPU's when configuring the optimus II 17.3", is this just a database error or has availability changed for this model? Hoping not as I was going to be speccing one up soon.

Cheers

It was an old model replaces by the optimus III, i don't know why its back up, mabey they have a few spare and put it up for sale, i think what ever is available is the only thing you can for it

Pilch

It was an old model replaces by the optimus III, i don't know why its back up, mabey they have a few spare and put it up for sale, i think what ever is available is the only thing you can for it
ah this is my mistake then, didn't realize there was still both models available, thx

Pilch

cant help but notice from your signature you have a Optimus III yourself, would you care to share any thoughts on the laptop? More so on how it feels/looks, if the mouse and keyboard feel nice, would be appreciated cheers!

AzY

Gold Level Poster
cant help but notice from your signature you have a Optimus III yourself, would you care to share any thoughts on the laptop? More so on how it feels/looks, if the mouse and keyboard feel nice, would be appreciated cheers!

Feels great, i like the big 17", as opposed to a 15", but then again i dont really travel with my laptop

Windows boots up ridiculously fast on my 500gb hybrid, it takes 21 seconds from power to login and when logged in it takes barley any time to load windows. With a ssd your only going to get a few more seconds faster boot times from other users who have posted, so a hybrid is really good value for money compared to a standard drive, but then again i got a few quid of mine because it was on special offer.

Personally the keyboard buttons are a little unresponsive if you only lightly tap them, however i think this is a minor fault and i will get used to it , as previously i had a toshiba laptop were the keys were really responsive.

I am using the laptop with a £10 wireless mouse, but the track pad is also good, i just prefer a mouse when i play.

The only thing i don't like in the laptop is the speakers on the bottom, however if you got a pair of ear/headphones, this wont be a problem atall.