17" Recoil

Zer0access

Some I'm again deciding about upgrading to a new Recoil 17". I currently have one from a few years ago with a 2070. I've really liked the laptop but it's had a lot of heat issues over the years, despite doing some tinkering and adding new cooling paste. Unfortunately I'm now unable to run a lot of games as it will shut of due to heat issues. I'm assuming/hoping this has to do with the fact that the laptop is over 4 years old and has just reached its time.

Anyway, I'm tempted to buy a newer Recoil with a 4070, but am of course worried about the temperature issues. Have they improved since the 2070? I was often gaming at temperatures of 90-100 no matter the game and would like to avoid this again. What is tempting is that I like sticking with one company and also i generally had good experiences with my previous Recoil, alongside the fact that prices on here are much better than other places.

What do you guys think?

Zer0access

I would add, although it's listed as modular, it really is a required component for that chassis, otherwise you'll pretty much always be thermal throttling.
Ah damn that's really unfortunate to hear :( I wanted as minimal as possible. Guess maybe this time the Recoil isn't the right path...

Zer0access

I buy one a month ago but on 4060 without liquid cooling station (that station gives more profit with 4080 or 4090). I just do undervolt for CPU and GPU and lost at list 10-15C on both on full load. Im very happy with tempetures, they are great compare to my Ionico on i7-10850H with 3060.

I tried to play a game Plague Tale Requem all maxed out in 2K, after undervolt never get more than 75C on processor (-0.150v on cores and -0.125 on cache) and more than 70C on GPU (0.900v on 2370Mhz). FPS never drops below 30, most of time it's around 40-60fps.

Last edited: