18.4 Laptop problem

Vole

Hi,

I have a custom 18.4 laptop from you which is about 2 years old.

First problem is with the fan, which is really loud if the laptop is not in minimal use ( like watching hd film, multi tasking... ). I tried to clean it with an air duster ( from inside ofc ) but it doesnt work. Problem must be with the bearings.

Second problem is that the monitor turns off and doesnt come back. Everything else is working, but I can`t see anything. It happened a couple days ago, and I turned the laptop off, left it for 10-20mins and turned back on and it was fine. Now it happened again, wanted to do the same process, but it doesnt come back, so I cant use it now. I think there is a problem with the graphic card. I haven`t used it really, it`s now just next to my pc and doing the downloads there and skype and sort of things. It wasn`t warm at all.

Is there any product number on it to make it easier for you to indetify this custom laptop?

Vole

Update:

I`ve checked the laptop with my pc`s monitor connected with a HDMI cable, and it was fine. That means that the graphic card works, but the display doesn`t.

Any chance to have it fixed or replaced?

Vole

Yes, I will ring them on Tuesday. Let`s hope they can resolve this problem.

Actually I tried to find replacement fan for this, but because it`s a custom laptop ( not a Dell or HP... ) I couldn`t find any. I can only hope that PCS have replacement parts for their laptops, otherwise I`m stuck with this.

Vole

I`ve called PCS yesterday, and the guy said it`s an inverter problem or what, so I have to buy the replacement part and replace it myself which I don`t mind doing.
I gave him my email address, he said he will email me the manual and the vendor`s details where I can buy the part.

The thing is that I haven`t received the email yet, so I will contact them again tomorrow about this. Life is not easy :)