tom_gr7

Life Serving
Cool! (Get it?) Anyways, would you recommend HAF-X or this??

It depends on what you want mate.

- Both are massive
- the trooper can have a massive side window - sold separately
- the haf has a window with a 200mm fan in it.
- the trooper has excellent support for 120mm or 140mm fans.
- the haf uses bigger fans, three 200mm and one 230mm. - some are optional. (best to buy and add better quality fans)
- both have very good cable management

Watch some reviews online for both cases.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Got mine today!!! its massive!!!

I really recommend this case, its really really well built with loads of room for two or even three gpu's and came with a window too!!!!

Not got my build in it yet, just removed the case fans ready for my own going in.

steaky360

Got mine today!!! its massive!!!

I really recommend this case, its really really well built with loads of room for two or even three gpu's and came with a window too!!!!

Not got my build in it yet, just removed the case fans ready for my own going in.

Build log, Piccys! Wool :clap:

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Tom's CM Storm Trooper Pics,

hey all,

So at the weekend I finally got time to transfer my build from my Storm Sniper to a Storm Trooper case, took a few pics as we all love pictures.

The two below are just showing the top front,
SDC11532.JPG

SDC11535.JPG

This is the front, with the front bezels removed, so you can see the fan cages, the top cage is set to draw air in from the side (for ssd n hdd's) also helps to keep the nasty cables hidden behind the mobo tray that you cant see.
SDC11534.JPG

Side shot, with the window on, sorry for the bad lighting
SDC11536.JPG

Inside pics
SDC11538.JPG

Notice only one GTX 580, it feels sad on its own...
SDC11539.JPG

Noctua NH-D14 is anyone is wondering...
SDC11540.JPG

SDC11543.JPG

PSU, fan side up, just as I think it looks better, and it doesn't draw air in that may be dusty.
SDC11544.JPG

ton of space for single/dual GPU setups, could even go for three cards if you had a capable mobo.
SDC11545.JPG

Bottom case fans, and you can see on the bottom cage there is a fan on the back, I have simply cable tied this on. As I have on the fan above that too.
SDC11546.JPG

I added this pic, just to demonstrate the size of the case, you can see how much space is left, to the right of the mobo, and if you have a small cpu cooler or liquid cooler you are going to have a ton of room in there. Also note hte cables are bitfenix alchemy braided ones, just a bit nice than the stock corsair cables. The thick black cable is the usb 3.0 cable, if you didnt know already.
SDC11547.JPG

I took these two pics just to show the top dust filter, you dont really need it,. But without it someone could just drop something accidently (like a mem stick) and it would fall right into the case. So i left it in.
SDC11549.JPG

SDC11550.JPG

SDC11551.JPG

this pic is just to demonstrate the size of the D14 really, and that my Asus DX sound card only just fits between the d14 and the 580.
SDC11552.JPG

Overall I'm a really big fan of this case! Really nice to build in.

A few tiny weenie bad points I can think of. (being very very very picky here)
- The case fan controller only works with 3pin fans, not 4pin PWM fans. So do note when buying this.
- The stock fans seem well built, but only two of the four are LED. Would have been nice for CM to add two 120 mm led and three 140mm led fans in exhaust. I aint tested them I just sold them on ebay, no use to me.
- The CM storm thing at the front I cant stand, it just feels a bit cheapy, tacky n flimsy and rattles a bit when i touch it. oh n like half a job harry designed that bit. I'd have preferred another 5inch drive bay.
- If you use a fan controller, (not the case one) its a tad awkward to route your fan cables to it, you will need extensions!

Other than those tiny picky points it's a flipping excellent case! I'm in the process of getting my NZXT HUE replaced, so will update with lighting pics when I can.

This is an excellent case for the money! Well worth buying! Could easily cool a dual gpu setup!

Tom

edit, lol didn't notice it was so dusty in there!

Scotch

Gold Level Poster
I need to ask this so it will calm me down. I saw that fan, it scares me, it just holding on by the cpu cllip or the four holes because looks like its gonna rip the motherboard apart and it's honestly making my heart clench looking at it. I'm scared

So how the hell can you have that massive thing hold onto the cpu?

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Nice pics :), may i ask why you have only put one of your 580's in?

Thanks mate :)

the other one randomly failed two weeks ago... :( should be on it's way/already back at PCS HQ but then going back to Palit for repair.

oh i forgot to say, this is case pretty heavy so ensure whatever you sit it on is strong enough! oh n the handle is very sturdy!

tom_gr7

Life Serving
I need to ask this so it will calm me down. I saw that fan, it scares me, it just holding on by the cpu cllip or the four holes because looks like its gonna rip the motherboard apart and it's honestly making my heart clench looking at it. I'm scared

So how the hell can you have that massive thing hold onto the cpu?

Well, Noctua have built a really good cpu mounting system. Incredibly simple to install and secures the cooler very well! It does look heavy but i dont think it too bad. Plus Noctua have sold alot so I would guess the mounting system is more than strong enough to hold it, otherwise I'm sure it wouldn't have been so successful. Also there are quite a few other "large" cpu coolers on the market, Be quiet dark rock pro for example is similar size.

Makes my cabling look shameful...late night for me...

To be honest, those are just nice extension cables so not really my work. Behind my mobo tray is a right mess. Normal HX cables plus the nice extension cables, I do plan on getting the corsair braided cables Kit for the HX psu in a few weeks just to rid the mess.

sted

Rising Star
I'm not sure what all the words in this post are for, so I'll just enjoy the pictures.

(+Rep)

steaky360

Very nice mate! Case is sweet and you've done a cracking job managing the mess behind the mobo tray :) - that's all that counts really :) Out of sight, out of mind!

Now... Build Log maybe? :)