1st Desktop Ever

PK11

Full spec u can see above
Long story short
R5 3600
Palit 1660 super stromx oc
16gb ram 3200hz
Budget up to 150 but ideally 100
I'm casual Sunday player, mostly tibia, world of tanks.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Fell off my radar - I was asking about the full spec in case there were tweaks to other things that might affect the performance of the build. e.g. a case with bad airflow, poor value SSD, PSU that would limit upgrade options etc. Easiest to post the full spec up :)

As for monitors, £100 is low ball for this spec of PC.

Edit:

This one is 1080p, 144hz, and has freesync for sub £150

Only 21.5" but tbh there's hardly anything in this price range that's worth buying to go with that PC

Last edited:

PK11

This one without HDD
My main concern is do I really need 144hz while this pc won't be able to pull off 120+FPS in most games, is it worth to pack nearly 200£ monitor to 800£ rig
Anyway I think I'll have to stretch my budget to 200.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Your PC will easily pull off high framerates in demanding games.

A 1660 Super that you are having in your system is significantly more powerful than a 1060:
UezynGhg3tCfdBXHNCAHPK-650-80.gif

Moreover, the high refresh rate means a larger adaptive sync window, which means smoother gameplay.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
For monitors, check out:

e.g. MSI OPTIX MAG241CPUK ~£180 is a very good option

PK11

Does it matter that my card isn't MSI but palit, or differences are not noticeable?
Honestly I got lost with all versions of this card, is like 20 versions of 1660 super....

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
is like 20 versions of 1660 super
Closer to 80 versions! :D

It doesn't matter, not really. Performance is similar enough between them for there to be little difference in gaming, and the cards are relatively low power so cooling isn't a major consideration.

There are more expensive versions of each card, often within each brand e.g. an EVGA Black vs an EVGA FTW. The thing is that the more expensive and 'higher end' versions of each card tend to cost so much that you may as well just buy the next GPU up. e.g. why buy an RTX 2060 for £360 if you can buy an RTX 2060 Super for £370, or an RTX 2060 for £300 that still performs almost the same as the one that was £60 more.

So essentially any old 1660 Super will do fine.

If you have a particular aesthetic or feature you want, or want to avoid, you can always order without a GPU and fit your own of course :)

PK11

Someone before advice me with this one
LG-24GL650-B
And this one is on sale for 150£ on box, what do you think.
im losing hope to find 144hz IPS monitor in my budget xD

PK11

Yes it look great value for money, got everything I need but there is no any reviews on this model in internet either Polish or English.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Not many, I could find a handful of user reviews online and they were fine. But that's possibly par for the course with many cheaper monitors because there are so many in the £80£-£150 range that a lot of them don't get much coverage.

If it's faulty you can return it - and check the store's returns policy for how you're covered if you use it a bit and decide it's not for you.

But tbh, it fits a spec into a price; while not perfect (what monitor is?) it's probably decent enough and an upgrade on a 60hz panel.

PK11

So I'm back in here, patiently waiting for my PC, constantly looking for monitor and I get to the conclusion that there is nothing better on the market than AOC 24G2U or 27G2U in my 200GBP budget.
And there is another question what is better FHD 24 or 27" is it a big difference between those, is quality of picture suffer on 27" or it is not noticeable?

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Well, 27" is usually more expensive so given the very tight budget for the spec you're unlikely to find a 27" option with the same offering?

As for whether 27" is 'too big' for 1080p, it depends on a lot of things, mostly you and your personal preferences. I'd find it a bit too thin, but clearly a lot of people don't or else they wouldn't sell

PK11

I expend my budget a little bit because 150 its simply not enough, and I'm aiming for IPS panel with freesync, 144hz and pivot that's why I ended up with this monitor in 2 sizes unless someone gives me another better option :)
What u men "I'd find it a bit too thin"

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Too few pixels, stretched across too much screen

So what is the new monitor you are looking at and how much does it cost?

PK11

I'm interested in AOC 24G2U (laptop direct 180£ ) can't find anything better than that within 200£ or maybe I'm doing something wrong :D

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
1080p 144hz monitors are around £200. Some are around £180 like that AOC one, and the MSI OPTIX MAG241CPUK.

It's very rare to get them below that, only on special offer.

You're not doing anything wrong, that's just how much they cost. Finding a 1080p 144hz monitor for ~£180 is already a better price than the ~£200 mark they were stuck at for a very long time.