2 gtx 680's sli

Bsrz

Rising Star
Can anyone verify that two gtx 680's in sli can run 3 monitors at 2560 x 1440 each?
thanks brad.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Can anyone verify that two gtx 680's in sli can run 3 monitors at 2560 x 1440 each?
thanks brad.

I don't think you can, I have 2 x GTX 680 in SLI and the maximum resolution I can get with 3 monitors is 5760x 1080.

Bsrz

Rising Star
thinking of getting 3 ASUS PB278Q's and surely the higher the resolution the better the image quality or am I missing something???

NMEBowen

Master Poster
everything ive seen running triple monitors in portrait or landscape at those resolutions is quad sli, yes resolution is better image quality. On the other hand keynes only has 2gb vram so if you have 4gb 680`s they may be able to handle the resolution your after.

Bsrz

Rising Star
looking at the site it seems possible as long as all the monitors are the same :D things are looking up. Unless I am reading it wrong.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
looking at the site it seems possible as long as all the monitors are the same :D things are looking up. Unless I am reading it wrong.

I think I don't have the option of 7680 because the max resolution of each monitor I have is 1920.

NMEBowen

Master Poster
lol i just typed out keynes last message identically then saw he wrote it im guessing he can only get 5760x 1080 because its the max his monitors can handle.

Bsrz

Rising Star
Ah I see well at the moment its only an idea, and Asus have released a new ah-ips monitor and thats 1920x1080 5ms response time, so I may decide to pick up three of them instead + the bezel looks tiny on them, so thats always a plus
Heres the link to the 1080p monitors I am considering getting - http://www.asus.com/Display/LCD_Monitors/MX279H/#specifications - I dont think there would be a problem running three of them.