my specs are

Case
COOLERMASTER ELITE 310 BLUE CASE + 2 FRONT USB

Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i5-660 Dual Core (3.33GHz, 4MB Cache) + HD Graphics

Motherboard
ASUS® P7H55D-M EVO: MICRO ATX, USB 3.0 & SATA 3.0GB/s

Memory (RAM)
8GB CORSAIR XMS3 DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz (4 x 2GB)

Operating System
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence
Graphics Card
1GB ATI RADEON™ HD 5770 PCI EXPRESS - DirectX® 11

i got my new computer for this website a few days ago, i seem to be having a few problems. 1 problem is im randomly getting verticle coloured lines covering the entire screen and the lines change colour, only way to stop it is restarting the computer.

another problem is i leave my computer on overnight to complete tasks for me and when i wake up a few times its restarted itself. i know its not overheating because when i feel the back and sides there not even warm

steveuk87

Super Star
have you updated your drivers? the lines on screen sounds like a gpu problem, tru going to the ati website and download the latest drivers.. have you experienced any BSOD or seen it restart at all??

Steve

jonathan

Bronze Level Poster
no whenever it restarts im sleeping :( and ive downloaded the latest drivers already double checked

the computer also came with a asus HDD caple i have no idea what im supposed to do with it :S could that have anything at all to do?

Gorman

Author Level
i got my new computer for this website a few days ago, i seem to be having a few problems. 1 problem is im randomly getting verticle coloured lines covering the entire screen and the lines change colour, only way to stop it is restarting the computer.

Hello Jonathan, this sounds like a classic GPU fault. Please contact our call centre guys on 0844 499 4000 as soon as possible so they can diagnose the fault and send a replacement if needed.

misterdave

Enthusiast
Hi Jonathan,

got my new computer for this website a few days ago, i seem to be having a few problems. 1 problem is im randomly getting verticle coloured lines covering the entire screen and the lines change colour, only way to stop it is restarting the computer.

Sound like your HD5770 might be faulty, your best option here would be to call our support team on 0844 499 4000 and they can do some checks with you and get a replacement card out if its is faulty.

another problem is i leave my computer on overnight to complete tasks for me and when i wake up a few times its restarted itself. i know its not overheating because when i feel the back and sides there not even warm

Are windows updates setup to update and install automatically?, if so they might be rebooting to finish the installation.

jonathan

Bronze Level Poster
i tried to call the help center 23 minutes on the phone waiting to be connected :/ got tired of waiting and hung up guess i'll have to try again tommorow

misterdave

Enthusiast
i tried to call the help center 23 minutes on the phone waiting to be connected :/ got tired of waiting and hung up guess i'll have to try again tommorow

Sorry to hear that jonathan, we can get busy some times, but it is the best way to get solid advice from our tech support team. Plus you might get to put a voice to the forum name:eek:

jonathan

Bronze Level Poster
:p i imagine gorman sounds like gandalf from lotr with all the wisdom and knowledge he has o_O (yes im strange) :)

and i called around 4:30

jonathan

Bronze Level Poster
my computer realllly doesnt want to work :/

i wake up this morning to find my computer has restarted itself AGAIN and the auto updates are off.

but this time i had a black screen saying this "The file may be corrupt. The file header checksum does not match the computed checksum.'

wow now i try to download something and i get those damn lines on my screen :/ this computers so fast but its extremely unreliable around 4 days of having it and so many problems

Last edited:

Gorman

Author Level
my computer realllly doesnt want to work :/

i wake up this morning to find my computer has restarted itself AGAIN and the auto updates are off.

but this time i had a black screen saying this "The file may be corrupt. The file header checksum does not match the computed checksum.'

wow now i try to download something and i get those damn lines on my screen :/ this computers so fast but its extremely unreliable around 4 days of having it and so many problems

Yes you really need to get in touch with our Help Desk and get it sorted. If you have a faulty GPU as originally suspected then im not that surprised that you are having problems and the issue hasnt gone away.

jonathan

Bronze Level Poster
alright latest news is i talked to paul h in the call center he got it all sorted for me to get a new gpu :)

but now im getting blue screened all the time :/ anyone know what i should do? (using integrated graphics now)

Gorman

Author Level
Going to need the info from the blue screen, are the integrated graphics drivers all upto scratch?

steveuk87

Super Star
gutted mate, BSOD is the worst! but hopefully you will get it sorted soon.. try doing a memory check with windows setup (tap F8 in bios bootup (with windows CD in the drive) choose to boot from CD and try a memory diagnostics (full)) see if that helps.. also try a check disk.. same procedure, only this time go into command prompt and type "chkdsk" see if that brings up ne errors for why your BSOD'ing

Steve