2 week old Cosmos Series wont turn on

Hi, I have been using my brand new cosmos series 17" laptop for a couple of weeks, after shutting the lid to move the laptop to another room, when opening the lid the screen wouldnt turn back on. Eventually I had to try a hard shutdown by holding the power key untill the computer reset. Now it will not turn on at all, the power button doesnt light up. I have tried with the battery installed and without it installed. With the charger and without the charger.

On the front is one green LED and one Orange LED, the orange one turns green for a few seconds after pushing the power button, then turns orange again.

I have tried holding the power button + fn & D to reset the cmos memory in the bios, but it doesnt seem to have had any effect.

Any ideas on anything I can try before calling PCS on monday morning? Its a brand new laptop but seems totally dead. I have metered the power supply and its definatly putting out 19 v when unplugged from the laptop.

Chassis & DisplayCosmos Series: 17.3" Matte Full HD IPS 60Hz 72% NTSC LED Widescreen (1920x1080)
Processor (CPU)Intel® Core™ i7 Six Core Processor 9750H (2.6GHz, 4.5GHz Turbo)
Memory (RAM)32GB Corsair 2666MHz SODIMM DDR4 (2 x 16GB)
Graphics CardNVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1050 - 3.0GB GDDR5 Video RAM - DirectX® 12.1
1st Storage Drive1TB Samsung 860 QVO 2.5" SSD, SATA 6Gb/s (upto 550MB/sR | 520MB/sW)
1st M.2 SSD Drive1TB INTEL® 760p M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD (upto 3230MB/sR | 1625MB/sW)
Memory Card ReaderIntegrated 6 in 1 Card Reader (SD /Mini SD/ SDHC / SDXC / MMC / RSMMC)
AC Adaptor1 x 120W AC Adaptor
Power Cable1 x 1 Metre Cloverleaf UK Power Cable
BatteryCosmos VIII Series 4 Cell Lithium Ion Battery
Thermal PasteCOOLER MASTER MASTERGEL MAKER THERMAL COMPOUND
Sound Card2 Channel High Def. Audio + SoundBlaster™ Cinema
Bluetooth & WirelessGIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS INTEL® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 (2.4 Gbps) + BT 5.0
USB/Thunderbolt Options1 x USB 3.1 PORT (Type C) + 2 x USB 3.0 PORTS + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT
Keyboard LanguageMULTI COLOUR BACKLIT UK KEYBOARD
Operating SystemGenuine Windows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KUK-00001]
Operating System LanguageUnited Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery MediaWindows 10 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Unlimited Downloads from Online Account
Office SoftwareFREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft® Office® 365 (Operating System Required)
Anti-VirusBullGuard™ Internet Security - Free 90 Day License inc. Gamer Mode
BrowserMicrosoft® Edge (Windows 10 Only)
Notebook MouseINTEGRATED 2 BUTTON TOUCHPAD MOUSE
WebcamINTEGRATED 1MP HD WEBCAM
Warranty3 Year Standard Warranty (1 Month Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)
DeliverySTANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build TimeStandard Build - Approximately 7 to 9 working days

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
It sounds as though shutting the lid disturbed something. Unless you fancy opening it up and looking for devices that have come loose calling PCS is your best option.

It sounds as though shutting the lid disturbed something. Unless you fancy opening it up and looking for devices that have come loose calling PCS is your best option.
Any tips on taking the back cover off? i have taken out the 14 black screws on the bottom, and the 3 I could see under the battery, but it doesnt seem to be loose yet.

Well, I am using it now. They replaced the entire motherboard. I think for a slightly different model, because the splash screen on boot up is slightly different. But other than that it seems to work okay now. Only time will tell. It has made me a little warery of their hardware.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
In a laptop, the motherboard is the laptop pretty much. It's not like a desktop where you can replace a motherboard with a different model in the same family, reinstall Windows, and off you go. The motherboards are specific to the chassis.

If they used a different model of motherboard, I think you'd also have a different laptop.

It's very unfortunate you had an issue with it so soon after purchase though at least they fixed it.

..arguably if your motherboard had to die, better it did so after 2 weeks (within warranty) than after 2 years.. I guess?

They said something about them having no replacement in stock, so he took it from another chassis or something. But yup, I am hoping it was just a factory lemon. I do think the motherboards look a little bit cheapy Chinese inside, but I guess thats how you can get a really good spec for a good price.