2010 - What a year...

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
So I’ve been playing a lot of Red Dead Redemption 2 of late and I’m thoroughly enjoying it. I absolutely loved the first one as well but I couldn’t remember when it came out. Looked it up and it was 2010.

But in searching for that, I saw what else came out in 2010 and it was a golden year to be a gamer. Check out some of these titles...

Mass Effect 2
Limbo
Fallout - New Vegas
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Super Meat Boy
Battlefield Bad Company 2
Bioshock 2
Rock Band 3
Deadly Premonition (if Twin Peaks was a game, this is the form it would take)
Need for Speed - Hot Pursuit
Vanquish
Just Cause 2
Metro 2033
Bayonetta
STALKER - Call of Pripyat
Split/Second - Velocity
Singularity

Any other years that long in people’s gaming memories?

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
1998 takes some beating for me personally. Got a PS1 that year, and between the PS1 and PC played the likes of Half Life, Tekken 3, Metal Gear Solid, Grim Fandango, Resident Evil 2, StarCraft, Baldur's Gate, should I go on...? :love:

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
1998 takes some beating for me personally. Got a PS1 that year, and between the PS1 and PC played the likes of Half Life, Tekken 3, Metal Gear Solid, Grim Fandango, Resident Evil 2, StarCraft, Baldur's Gate, should I go on...? :love:
Please do!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Final Fantasy VII for me.... still the greatest game I've ever played and can't wait to get the PC version of the remake.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Please do!
That was just off the top of my head. Wikipedia informs me these also came out that year:

- Thief: The Dark Project although I didn't play that until a few years later
- Fallout 2 (my second favourite Fallout game after New Vegas)
- Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (one of my all-time top 5 games although I played the Game Boy original) got a Game Boy Colour port
- Oddworld: Abe's Exxodus
- Turok 2
- Caesar 3 (Impressions were the bomb in making city builder games!)
- Unreal
- Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines (that got a remaster not so long ago).
- The original Rainbox Six
- Spyro

FFVII was 1997, but absolute cracker of a game too!

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Yeeeeessss!

Unreal, played that on my dad’s state of the art gaming PC. What a belter, gotta love that flak cannon!

Link’s Awakening is a stone cold classic, my girl wants to get a Switch so I’ll be picking up the remaster when she buys one.

Loved Thief and Abe’s Exxodus too!

Honourable mentions for:

1080 Snowboarding
Parasite Eve
Star Wars - Rogue Squadron

Gavras

Master Poster
I see your 1998 Half Life and give you 2004 - Half Life 2, Far Cry, Rome total War, Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, WOW, Sid’s Pirates, and a few others.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
We’ve also missed that Resident Evil 2 was a 1998 classic. I must’ve played the demo that came with the official PlayStation magazine a hundred times.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
For the Console lot, Red Dead Revolver was released in 98.

which would like be important to any of the Red Dead players
I didn’t enjoy Red Dead Revolver, funnily enough. To the point that I nearly ignored Red Dead Redemption. Glad I ignored my instincts on that one!

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
1991 - WWF Wrestlemania
1992 - Street Fighter II (Arcade was 91). Honourable mention, Zoom.
1996 - Tomb Raider
2020 - Microsoft Flight Simulator

I'm genuinely struggling to think of any games other than the above that I have eagerly anticipated and actively sought out prior to launch. Admission though, I ain't a gamer.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
1991 - WWF Wrestlemania
1992 - Street Fighter II (Arcade was 91). Honourable mention, Zoom.
1996 - Tomb Raider
2020 - Microsoft Flight Simulator

I'm genuinely struggling to think of any games other than the above that I have eagerly anticipated and actively sought out prior to launch. Admission though, I ain't a gamer.
Wrestlemania on the Amiga? My Competition Pro joystick took an absolute pounding with that game! 🕹

Never did manage to defeat Sergeant Slaughter...

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Wrestlemania on the Amiga? My Competition Pro joystick took an absolute pounding with that game! 🕹

Never did manage to defeat Sergeant Slaughter...

At that time I was actually on the ZX Spectrum. Granted it was the Sinclair ZX Spectrum +2, but still.

I don't actually remember, but now that you mention it I don't think I did. I know I didn't complete the game and I think he might have been my nemesis.

I didn't get the Amiga until Christmas 92' (A600). My world changed after that point. Handing a guy like me the tools of Workbench and Amos Pro just opened up a new world to me. Between geeking out I mostly played BiPlanes and Stunt Car Racer haha.