2080ti DP Ports - Any Specific Order for two monitors?

MichaelSiggers

Hi and Good Evening

So, I have purchased a second Monitor to add to my new system. It is exactly the same as the one I bought with the System.

I have plugged it in to one of the other DP Ports and its working well.

This is probably a really simple, basic question, but does it matter which DP Ports I use to connect the two monitors? I have just plugged them both into the two DP Ports which are next to each other, on the back of the card.

Mike

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi and Good Evening

So, I have purchased a second Monitor to add to my new system. It is exactly the same as the one I bought with the System.

I have plugged it in to one of the other DP Ports and its working well.

This is probably a really simple, basic question, but does it matter which DP Ports I use to connect the two monitors? I have just plugged them both into the two DP Ports which are next to each other, on the back of the card.

Mike
Shouldn't make any difference at all, any will do. They can all be used at the same time in any configuration.

MichaelSiggers

Thank you.

The reason I ask is that the rear layout of mine appears to be different from what is shown in the manual, images attached. I was wondering if there is a reason for this., although mine is the 11GB ASUS ROG STRIX GEFORCE RTX 2080 Ti - HDMI, DP

Mike

EDIT: Just looked on the website for the Card and the Layout is shown as mine. I guess they change the layout depending on the spec.

Attachments

• RTX 2080TI Rear - Manual.png
    RTX 2080TI Rear - Manual.png
    211.1 KB · Views: 369
  • RTX2080TI Rear - Photo.jpg
    RTX2080TI Rear - Photo.jpg
    903.4 KB · Views: 237

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Thank you.

The reason I ask is that the rear layout of mine appears to be different from what is shown in the manual, images attached. I was wondering if there is a reason for this., although mine is the 11GB ASUS ROG STRIX GEFORCE RTX 2080 Ti - HDMI, DP

Mike

EDIT: Just looked on the website for the Card and the Layout is shown as mine. I guess they change the layout depending on the spec.
The layout diagram I'm guessing is for a founder edition of the GPU, I'm guessing yours isn't a founders edition? Probably a partner card?

MichaelSiggers

Hi @SpyderTracks

One last question, (I promise ;) )

All seems to be working ok and the two monitors make working a lot more productive.

One thing did happen this morning.

For some reason, one monitor suddenly just went half black, vertically.

I googled it and found quite a lot of posts on the NVidia Forum about this, stating it is to do with the Driver. Would this make sense to you?

I also found out that pressing Win + Shift + Ctrl + B resets the Display Drivers. This worked and the missing half of the screen returned.

Kind regards

Mike