2080ti zotac blower temps at 84c is that ok?

Hi

I recently purchased a new build from PCS and i ordered the 2080ti and it ended up being a zotac blower 2080ti which on email they did specify they would be giving me a Palit 2080ti dual fan but nonetheless i accepted what came instead. Is 84c temps ok when gaming on 1440p all ultra settings?

I wish id of gone for the triple fan 2080ti rog strix now, what temps do people get on full load on a dual fan or triple fan?

Thank you in advance

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
84C is the target temperature for the card. I wouldn't personally want it that high as it suggests that the boost clocks will be limited in order to hold that temperature.

What does the rest of your build look like? What case did you choose etc? The whole build has to be considered when it comes to optimisation :)

Thanks for your response Scott, when you say target temp what exactly does that mean?

My spec is....
Case CORSAIR OBSIDIAN SERIES™ 500D SE CASE
Processor (CPU)Intel® Core™ i7 Eight Core Processor i7-10700K (3.8GHz) 16MB Cache
MotherboardASUS® TUF Z490-PLUS GAMING (LGA1200, USB 3.2, CrossFireX) - RGB Ready
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: ASUS® ROG STRIX Z490-F GAMING (LGA1200, USB 3.2, CrossFireX/SLI) - ARGB Ready
Memory (RAM)32GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 16GB)
Graphics Card8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2080 SUPER - HDMI, 3x DP GeForce - RTX VR Ready!
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: 11GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2080 Ti - HDMI, 3x DP GeForce - RTX VR Ready!
1st Storage DriveNOT REQUIRED
1st M.2 SSD Drive500GB SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 3500MB/R, 3200MB/W)
DVD/BLU-RAY DriveNOT REQUIRED
Power SupplyCORSAIR 750W TXm SERIES™ SEMI-MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor CoolingCorsair H100i RGB PLATINUM Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Thermal PasteARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND

What can i do, as i was told i would get a dual fan and got a blower instead and i think a blower isn’t sufficient enough to cool down a 2080ti

cheers

Ive got 3x Ll120 fans in front that come with the corsair case, 1x ll120 corsair in rear and a 2x from the cpu aio cooler at the top. So plenty of fans

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
That all looks fine, I wouldn't be overly concerned about that setup at all. The blower aspect is the only thing I would question (and the Arctic paste as it's often suggested not to go for it).

If you have an email conversation or an online chat transcript stating this then I would definitely argue the case. Basically if you have it anywhere in writing then I would probably push back on it.

With regards to the target temperature......

GPUs nowadays have a specified target temperature. This is the temperature that the GPU is given free reign to work within it's intended boost clock limits. As long as the temperature remains below this target, the GPU is allowed to continue boosting to the maximum.

My GPU has a clock limit of 2100mhz (set by me) and a target temperature of 87°C (also set by me).

If the GPU approaches 87C the clock speed drops to lower the power demands on the card in order to keep the temperatures in check. Fortunately I don't think I've seen my card over 75°C so it happily sits at a constant 2100mhz when loaded. If it approached 87°C it would revert to the default clock speed of ITRO 1600Mhz and work the boost clocks appropriately to not spike over the 87°C limit.

Ok thank you very much for all the help. I will contact them about it.
Regarding the artic paste this only on the cpu and my cpu temps are amazing tbh its just the blower cards get to hot internally as not enough efficient cooling.

i thought boosting clocks is overclocking which would void my warranty? Mine runs at 1650mhz at 84c on triple AAA rated game on 1440 on ultra settings. Basically minimal cooling to the gpu because of the blowercard

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
i thought boosting clocks is overclocking which would void my warranty? Mine runs at 1650mhz at 84c on triple AAA rated game on 1440 on ultra settings. Basically minimal cooling to the gpu because of the blowercard

It'll run faster when under 84C. It has boosting built in, overclocking is increasing the boost limit. Every GPU nowadays automatically boosts the clocks. If you are seeing a consistent 1650mhz then this would suggest all is running fine. Must admit, I'm very surprised by this as normally it would fluctuate when on the 84C threshold.

Untitled.jpg

Well i was playing PUBG on all ultra/extreme settings on 1440p and all usages are balanced and do not change, the temps were at 85c aswell hahahahah that is crazy

I need a dual fan or a watercooled solution asap, i just cant be bothered with it at the minute lol

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Also looks like your fan curve could do with a bit of tweaking. I would want it up nearer 80% when maxing out the temps.

98DE8201-B320-4850-8B54-A9D8DCD888F2.png

But the specs show the boost clock is 1545mhz so its boosting to the max without being overclocked or i am misreading?

Sorry not massively educated on this front, does extra mhz increase fps?

steaky360

But the specs show the boost clock is 1545mhz so its boosting to the max without being overclocked or i am misreading?

GPUs will boost to the maximum they can sustain given their current power consumption/temperature requirements, its the same way CPU's do it. Its not overclocking or anything like that. @Scott was saying that the GPU can under clock itself (i.e. not boost to its maximum) if its too hot.

In really basic terms, essentially yes higher mhz means more fps generally.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo

You said in your quote above that it was running 1650mhz. I was comparing the figures you said you were getting to the ones you showed that you were getting.

Looking at the specs for that card 1545 is indeed the boost frequency for the blower so all seems fine at the temps you are running at. It does seem hot to me, but blowers will tend to run warmer due to their design.

Most of the ones I know are 1600mhz+ for the 2080ti. I guess that shows the variation in Firestrike etc :)

GPUs will boost to the maximum they can sustain given their current power consumption/temperature requirements, its the same way CPU's do it. Its not overclocking or anything like that. @Scott was saying that the GPU can under clock itself (i.e. not boost to its maximum) if its too hot.

In really basic terms, essentially yes higher mhz means more fps generally.
I know exactly what Scott was saying mate but thanks anyway i was referring to the fact that i am already at my max boost regardless of temps and also even being at 85c didnt force my gpu to underclock at all even at 85c it stayed stable at its max boost and it always has for the last 4 weeks playing everyday

You said in your quote above that it was running 1650mhz. I was comparing the figures you said you were getting to the ones you showed that you were getting.

Looking at the specs for that card 1545 is indeed the boost frequency for the blower so all seems fine at the temps you are running at. It does seem hot to me, but blowers will tend to run warmer due to their design.

Most of the ones I know are 1600mhz+ for the 2080ti. I guess that shows the variation in Firestrike etc :)
Cheers Scott, much appreciated.
I made a mistake thinking it was 1650 haha but yes 1545 mhz is the max boost so on those temps its not dropping at all so i am not sure what to believe but either way atleast im getting max boost !
It could be OC’d with better cooling but obvs would void warranty. Ill be upgrading to 3080ti when i can anyway

thanks for all the help chaps!

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I wouldn't be overly concerned. 90+ would be TOO hot, I would prefer under 80 but it's not crucial as long as it's operating OK (which it clearly is). 3080Ti triple fan should be your aim ;)