24" All-in-1 Gaming PC, Advice Appreciated!

1zikki

Bronze Level Poster
Hi there, looking to get 1 of these after I saw they were offering them on the forum, any advice would be appreciated, just a few things to consider:

1. System will be used primarily for gaming so the most optimised spec is needed
2. My budget is £1700
3. Longevity is important to me as this will be taken with me to uni

Chassis & Display
PowerGlide Extreme: 24" Glossy Full HD Multi-Touch Screen (1920x 1080)
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-3770 (3.4GHz) 8MB Cache
Memory (RAM)
16GB SAMSUNG 1333MHz SODIMM DDR3 MEMORY (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card
2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 680 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready
Memory - Hard Disk
120GB INTEL® 330 SERIES SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 500MB/sR | 450MB/sW)
2nd Hard Disk
750GB WD SCORPIO BLACK WD7500BPKT, SATA 3 Gb/s, 16MB CACHE (7200 rpm)
DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
8x SATA DVD±R/RW/Dual Layer (+ 24x CD-RW)
Memory Card Reader
Integrated 4 in 1 Card Reader (SDXC/MMC/MS/XD)
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (2.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO + SP/DIF OUT
Bluetooth & Wireless
GIGABIT LAN & INTEL WIRELESS 802.11N CARD INC. BLUETOOTH 3.0
USB Options
2 x USB 3.0 PORTS + 5 x USB 2.0 PORTS AS STANDARD
Operating System
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit w/SP1 - inc DVD & Licence
Office Software
FREE Microsoft® Office Starter 2010 (Limited functionality Word & Excel)
Anti-Virus
BULLGUARD INTERNET SECURITY - FREE 90 DAY TRIAL
Keyboard Language
LOGITECH® MK250 WIRELESS KEYBOARD & MOUSE COMBO (£21)
External Speakers
2 x INTEGRATED 5W SPEAKERS
Webcam
INTEGRATED 2.0 MEGAPIXEL WEBCAM
Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour) (£5)
Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 10 to 12 working days
Quantity

Price: £1,703.00 including VAT and delivery.

Wolvo7

Bright Spark
Any particular reason for an all-in one PC? Just saying that cuz I'd be a bit weary about cooling with such high-end components, especially if you're gonna be gaming the GPU is gonna heat up. Plus you could get a the same spec for cheaper with a normal desktop.

If you wanna stick with the all in one the only thing you could do is up the SSD to the Intel 520, it has faster read/write speeds.

Also the GTX 670 is almost identical in performance to the 680, and is much cheaper. You won't notice much of a difference on a single screen, just look at benchmarks. The 680 is nearing the end of its stocks in the UK too apparently so that doesn't help the prices.

1zikki

Bronze Level Poster
Any particular reason for an all-in one PC? Just saying that cuz I'd be a bit weary about cooling with such high-end components, especially if you're gonna be gaming the GPU is gonna heat up. Plus you could get a the same spec for cheaper with a normal desktop.

If you wanna stick with the all in one the only thing you could do is up the SSD to the Intel 520, it has faster read/write speeds.

Also the GTX 670 is almost identical in performance to the 680, and is much cheaper. You won't notice much of a difference on a single screen, just look at benchmarks. The 680 is nearing the end of its stocks in the UK too apparently so that doesn't help the prices.

I was going to get a laptop, but this has more power and a better GPU for the same price as the laptop, it's portable enough to drag from uni to home and back also, just can't make my mind up

Meds

I'll be playing around with one of these AIO over the next couple of days. I'll keep you posted about temps during intense & extended stress tests.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member

We tested the 24" PowerGlide yesterday using Unigine Heaven (http://unigine.com/products/heaven/) and the GPU and CPU were actually running cooler than in some desktops. Cooling is 100% not an issue. :)