27" 1440p 240Hz (W)OLED monitor roundup/comparison

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I hate that manufacturers are being pressed into the 240hz bracket. It's adding technology that we don't need, but are paying for, due to influencing.

I don't mind the fact that it's 240hz, it can be anything over 120hz in my mind, but I think it delays releases like this and bumps up the price as there's no point in having a 120hz and a 240hz option when the 240hz just covers all bases.

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Agree!

Would be happier with 120-144hz 27-32" WQHD or 4K OLEDs...and preferably OLEDs that use standard OLED sub-pixel layout.

sck451

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I hate that manufacturers are being pressed into the 240hz bracket. It's adding technology that we don't need, but are paying for, due to influencing.
I think this might be backwards to at least some degree. The influencers are pressed into it by the manufacturers who need to sell their technology.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I think this might be backwards to at least some degree. The influencers are pressed into it by the manufacturers who need to sell their technology.

I don't really think so. The press to make the crazy refresh rates mainstream are the influencers influencing joe public. Previously we were all happy with our 120/144hz offerings with the 240/360 offerings being sporadic and expensive.

With all the misunderstand over the last few years (that we witness a ton of on this forum) more and more people have been purchasing these 240/360hz offerings creating a demand in this area. The demand is then satisfied by the manufacturers wanting to corner as much of the market as they can. 240hz covers all bases but to get to this level of refresh on the technologies that really make the panels shine takes a fair bit of cash and time.

It's a win for all the people wanting those 240hz panels, as they are cheaper than they ever were with better technology than they've ever had. But for the more reasoned consumer it's a loss as it's taken so long for them to be developed to this level and they're more expensive than they would have been if the traditional refresh rates were the aim.

They're affordable now, and available now, but it's taken longer than it would due to the market yard stick moving from influencing.