27" QHD Monitor 144Hz (HP 27xp, HPX27i, ACER VG27OU or MSI Optix G273QF)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
It's on Amazon (via Sotel) for £550 - though I'm not sure how official it is for the UK as the reviews are both in German.

This is an example of someone saying the GP is noticeably better than the GN, compared to the GN not being much better than the GL:

But not the only one I've seen.

TBH I think I'm going to go for the GL from Currys. I think there's a general consensus that the LGs are decent monitors, and that's helped a great deal. It's all pretty subjective, but it's always worth checking you're not going for something at the genuinely poorer end of the range.
LGs are consistently excellent for the price.

LGs are consistently excellent for the price.
Yeah, I have an LG TV & the picture's great (again, for the price). Don't think these were in my budget when I first looked, so they were off my radar, somewhat. Glad they got pointed out to me.

Anyway, I've bought the GL now. Back to the office next week, so had to bite the bullet.

Next, a chair...! But that's for a different discussion. ;-)

Thought I'd give it a week or so before giving a verdict. The monitor's been (literally) game changing. I know there's going to be better out there, but the step up from the work monitor is very notieceable. I'd certainly reccommend people condsider this range if they're in the look out for a reasonably priced 1440p display.

Thanks again all for your help.

Bhuna50

Author Level
Insanely cheap and will insanely be on its way to my house just after payday, if I can think of a way of the wife not realising the Dell in the lounge has suddenly grown slightly and changed colour stand... :D

Damn it.

When I saw this I had it all planned out.

9 July. Bookmarked page.
Buy new 43” 4K TV for in Lounge so wife is in awe of how good a picture is on it. (Also the box will come in handy to hide another box in it).
11 july. Syphon half of funds from account.
18 July. Start commenting how works Dell monitor is playing up.
20 July payday. Syphon remaining funds ready.
23 July. Loosen connections to Dell monitor (works). Advise wife looks like going to have to arrange for work to send a new monitor.
25 July. Check Amazon. Price still low but would deliver Monday - too obvious that wouldn’t have been IT at work.
26 July. Go to order and find price gone back up. Damn. Will I now getaway with a curved G5. Hmm.

Morale: sod being found out and nagged at, just buy it cheaply when you first see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Damn it.

When I saw this I had it all planned out.

9 July. Bookmarked page.
Buy new 43” 4K TV for in Lounge so wife is in awe of how good a picture is on it. (Also the box will come in handy to hide another box in it).
11 july. Syphon half of funds from account.
18 July. Start commenting how works Dell monitor is playing up.
20 July payday. Syphon remaining funds ready.
23 July. Loosen connections to Dell monitor (works). Advise wife looks like going to have to arrange for work to send a new monitor.
25 July. Check Amazon. Price still low but would deliver Monday - too obvious that wouldn’t have been IT at work.
26 July. Go to order and find price gone back up. Damn. Will I now getaway with a curved G5. Hmm.

Morale: sod being found out and nagged at, just buy it cheaply when you first see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's really bad, I'm now in the frame of mind that for most things, you have to leap on them as quickly as possible as they either sell out or the price rises, so I just end up splurging franticly. Pandemic has made things mental!