2GB AMD RADEON HD6970 - 2 DVI,HDMI,2 mDP - DX® 11, Eyefinity 4 Capable OUT OF STOCK

Serendipity

Enthusiast
Untill the 20th. Got a disappointing e-mail to say my p.c wont even be built until then let alone tested etc. which is a huge bummer. I suppose there is no way to change graphics card to Nvidia?

Y

YtVL3RAjrYWJ

Yea my PC is already on it's 11th WORKING day and now I have to wait another 2 WORKING days just so they can get them in stock, be well over 3 weeks until It's even dispatched I assume.

Disappointed, but I hope it's worth it, if it comes in any sub-standard condition, I'll send it back immediately and get a refund because after paying close to £1700 I'm not accepting any shoddy work especially after making me wait so long.

Petchi b

id change to 570, most benchmarks show it as better anyway

I dont think it is as conclusive as you make it. It depends on a lot of things including resolution and games. Most benchmarks I have seen show it pretty equal - 1/3 of games show 570 better, 1/3 of games show 6970 better and 1/3 are equal. What would make me edge towards the 6970 for me would be the extra VRAM and if you were looking to add another in the future ], 2 x 6970's would win hands down compared to 2 x 570's.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
it wouldnt always win, and RAM does not stack up on crossfire SLi so 570 SLi will still be 1.25 and the 6970 2GB, plus on 1080p games dont use anywhere near 1GB only on 6000x1080 would 2GB make a difference, and also, the 570 also has a 2.5GB option, although PCS currently dont offer it

RedRaptor

I've been waiting 15+ working days but I'm willing to stick it through. HOPEFULLY it'll be here by the end of this week..

Petchi b

it wouldnt always win, and RAM does not stack up on crossfire SLi so 570 SLi will still be 1.25 and the 6970 2GB, plus on 1080p games dont use anywhere near 1GB only on 6000x1080 would 2GB make a difference, and also, the 570 also has a 2.5GB option, although PCS currently dont offer it

Yes I know this I never said the VRAM stacks up. I just meant in terms of price the 6970 is better value as pretty much no difference in performance and you get more VRAM. On max settings in Metro 2033 on 1080p I use up to 900MB of VRAM.

Gaming benchmarks sure 2 x 6970's way ahead of 2 x 570's. In fact the only thing that beats 2 x 6970's is 2 x 580's and thats only by an average of 4-5 FPS.

Y

YtVL3RAjrYWJ

Todays the day and nothing on my status has changed :p

Great.

Y

YtVL3RAjrYWJ

The ETA for the cards was yesterday but they still don't have them from what the rep told me :p

Fantastic, though I hope they have em by today at least.

MeveM

Bright Spark
I've had too many Radeon cards break down on me to ever go back, Nvidia cards always feel more stable and reliable. That's just a personal preference though from personal experiences. I'm overjoyed with my 570. Had it for a few weeks now and couldn't be happier.